Studios vs Network; can we have both?

Lighthammer

Lighthammer

I don't know about you guys, but I find it very helpful to know where a particular series was broadcast (by region is even better) AND what network is broadcast (primarily) on. 

There's been an "technical bug" in Emby since as far back as I can remember, where TV Series only have fields for "Studio", which translates to "Network" on the navigation bar. I mentioned this in a longer post about 18 months ago.

Especially with Streaming Networks, it's worth dividing these two things up for both TV Series and Movies.

I know this split might cause some havok for some people's libraries, though I think a simple addon that moves "Studios" to ACTUALLY "Studios" for TV Series should be something that's rather easy to code upon release. I suspect moving the fields around in the UI is probably the biggest headache. 

Could we take a look at this?

• Agree 1

rodainas

Over time I have noticed that too. Not sure but Maybe this limitation is based on the Kodi nfo standard? because the metadata fields are based on that standard, in that regard there is no tag for network it’s just studio and at the same time other metadata scrapers (for eg. tiny media manager) uses those fields to avoid confusion and/or incompatibility between nfo files and apps.. 

https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows