Cover Images Look Soft Compared to Emby for AndroidTV

blgentry

blgentry

I've been trying out Emby for Android on my Nvidia Shield via side loading.  I was quite surprised to see that the AndroidTV app has nice sharp crisp covers, while the Android version has somewhat soft images.  They aren't exactly "blurry", but obviously less sharp and not as nice to look at.  With image size set to Large on the AndroidTV app, the detail on the covers is awesome.  It's not very good on the Android app by comparison.

If the Android App is really going to replace the AndroidTV app, it would be really nice to match the sharpness of the ATV app. 

For me the regular Android app really isn't nearly as polished and clean as the ATV app.  No insult is intended.  If anything this is praise for the ATV app, and hope that eventually the regular Android app can match it.  Or perhaps the team reconsiders dumping the ATV app, since it's quite a bit better than the Android app in most measures.

Thanks,

Brian.

blgentry

I guess you are asking for screen shots from the Nvidia shield?  I understand that can be done, but it's quite a bit of effort to produce them.  

If this is the fastest way for you to see the problem I'll see if I can get that working.  I kind of expected that you had a shield in your development lab that you could easily A/B between the two apps and see the difference in person.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Brian.

blgentry

I've figured out the whole shield screen shot procedure and produced a couple of pictures attached here.  

The first picture is regular android app.  The second one is the AndroidTV app.

Thanks,

Brian.

Emby Android.png

Emby ATV.png

Edited by blgentry