Allow Duplicate Channels?

Mlaforge

If I understand correctly, you can not have duplicate channels that share the same epg data? I have 3 subscriptions and would like the guide to show all 3 including duplications. This allows me to record from one source and still browse/watch from the other 2 sources. 

It appears this is a topic that has been discussed many times in the past. Are there any plans to correct this so that a user can override the default settings and allow for duplicate channels to appear? It is also important to have backup channels for the many times that channels don't work. This seems fundamental to the use of Emby and I am having a difficult time trying to understand why this is not allowed. Other iptv players allow this but none record as well as Emby. 

If I am missing something or if anyone has a useful work around to this problem, I would really appreciate the help. I did look at IPTVBoss, as it appears to do what I need, but found it far too complicated and couldn't get it working for me.

Thank you for any help!

• 2 weeks later...
BillOatman

@Mlaforge  This has been asked for multiple times, including by me :)  Emby stands by that definition of a duplicate channel rather than the same stream URL which I how I believe it should be.  But in any event there is a new TV subsystem in the works that may deal with this in a different way, I'm not sure.  I remember some people saying they got around it using scripts and duplicating the EPG and such but I wanted no part of that.  The IPTVBoss dev was very nice and added an optional feature to in effect duplicate the EPG info for us so that Emby won't see the streams as duplicates.  I highly recommend that application. 

Edited by BillOatman

Spaceboy

i also highly recommend iptvboss, its not too difficult and worth persevering with.

now i'm fully prepared to be wrong here, but this is with emby guide data only right? if you supply your own xmltv its fine

image.thumb.png.0db8bda4e7c5e67192ce811f660e7370.png

No. I supply the xmltv data. I use iptveditor to create playlists and epg. If i put a playlist in from one iptv supplier and a second playlist from a different supplier, (so that i have backups), the only channels that show up in the second playlist are channels with different epg data regardless of the epg url. For example if two espn channels are in two different playlists but both show espn.us as the epg url, only one espn will show up in the guide. 

I would like to thank Spaceboy and Billoatman for encouraging me to stick with IPTVBOSS! I can't say it was easy, but i put the time into it and got it working and I am very happy with the results! I'm getting a little too old for trying new tricks and I was very intimidated by the program but worked through and I appreciate that you took the time to respond to my issue.

Thank You so much!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
Nice0917

Emby Is Good with Potential to be Great!!!.

When having multiple service provider that have same channels, It does not make sense to change the Original EPG in order to show repeated channels. This part not only makes it a hassle, but it also creates multiple steps in which it get's you to think if there is other service that can provide more convenience regarding this category.

1. A.FOX(Provider1), B.FOX (Provider2) C.FOX (Provider3) All three of these channels even if it's from different provider it can share the same EPG due to it being the same program.

2. Emby only chooses A.FOX (Provider1)

3. Problem with this is, if provider 1 channel is down and Provider 2 or 3 is UP You will be out of luck with EMBY for now.

3.B Also For those that don't have EPG please have a feature in which it can by pass it and show it on the guide even if it's blank.

In Conclusion, I hope like many others (EMBY Team) Can find out ways to fix this inconvenience from continuing to persist.

The only app that does this For now it's TIVI Mate and simple to navigate and apply provider. 

Down side of TIVI Mate is that It is not a Home Media Player solution Like Emby, Plex, Jellyfin or others.

Again Hopefully Emby get's to be the leader in taking the initiative to make this feature available and convenient to all users.

• Like 1

EODCrafter
6 hours ago, Nice0917 said:

Emby Is Good with Potential to be Great!!!.

When having multiple service provider that have same channels, It does not make sense to change the Original EPG in order to show repeated channels. This part not only makes it a hassle, but it also creates multiple steps in which it get's you to think if there is other service that can provide more convenience regarding this category.

1. A.FOX(Provider1), B.FOX (Provider2) C.FOX (Provider3) All three of these channels even if it's from different provider it can share the same EPG due to it being the same program.

2. Emby only chooses A.FOX (Provider1)

3. Problem with this is, if provider 1 channel is down and Provider 2 or 3 is UP You will be out of luck with EMBY for now.

3.B Also For those that don't have EPG please have a feature in which it can by pass it and show it on the guide even if it's blank.

In Conclusion, I hope like many others (EMBY Team) Can find out ways to fix this inconvenience from continuing to persist.

The only app that does this For now it's TIVI Mate and simple to navigate and apply provider. 

Down side of TIVI Mate is that It is not a Home Media Player solution Like Emby, Plex, Jellyfin or others.

Again Hopefully Emby get's to be the leader in taking the initiative to make this feature available and convenient to all users.

Only problem with that is most providers use the same source, as I have noticed, so when one goes down, they all do.

Nice0917

Some of them Noticed that yes, but there is others where they get there source for streaming channels from other places.