Log for missing items?

Jack Burton
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Jack Burton

I just lost a drive, and of course have no backup haha. Obviously the server has the missing items blank, but rather than physically going through each show and movie that's missing, is there a way to get a log that shows the media that's missing?

HI, did you already run a scan to cause them to get removed? If you still have the server log from when that happened then you could look for the "removing item" entries in the server log.

Jack Burton
43 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, did you already run a scan to cause them to get removed? If you still have the server log from when that happened then you could look for the "removing item" entries in the server log.

I have not, I've been keeping it to track for now. So if I remove the library, the new server log after that should have a removed items entry?

23 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

I have not, I've been keeping it to track for now. So if I remove the library, the new server log after that should have a removed items entry?

Yes it should, although actually, sorry. I'm not sure it will list out everything. It will list the highest folder that it finds that is gone, but then it does a bulk removal of everything underneath, so those won't get listed.

If you by any chance use the emby backup plugin and have database backups, you could get data from those.

Jack Burton
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes it should, although actually, sorry. I'm not sure it will list out everything. It will list the highest folder that it finds that is gone, but then it does a bulk removal of everything underneath, so those won't get listed.

If you by any chance use the emby backup plugin and have database backups, you could get data from those.

I have the Backup and Restore plugin, is that it? It has the backups for the last 5 days, what am I looking for?

• Solution
8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

I have the Backup and Restore plugin, is that it? It has the backups for the last 5 days, what am I looking for?

You're going to have to be handy with databases. You'll need to use a sqlite viewer to open up library.db.

Then you can get all movies for example using:

select * from mediaitems where type=5

or all episodes using:

select * from mediaitems where type=8

• Thanks 1

Jack Burton
18 minutes ago, Luke said:

You're going to have to be handy with databases. You'll need to use a sqlite viewer to open up library.db.

Then you can get all movies for example using:

select * from mediaitems where type=5

or all episodes using:

select * from mediaitems where type=8

Haha, ok wow. Might be easier to just got through manually for me haha. I'll give it a look though, thanks for your help. Just one of the reasons Emby is better than the rest!

• Thanks 1