Opensubtitles not working

Hadriane
Go to solution Solved by Q-Droid,

Hi,

I my emby doesn't search for subtitles nor does manually searching work either it comes up as nothing found. I have no filters on no hash matching and I am a VIP on opensubtitles.

adding my server logs to the post.

Thanks!

embyserver.txt

Hello Hadriane,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi.  It looks like either the service is down or something on your network is blocking it for you:

2023-09-11 02:50:40.650 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.14.0
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: ServiceUnavailable

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  It looks like either the service is down or something on your network is blocking it for you:

2023-09-11 02:50:40.650 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.14.0
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: ServiceUnavailable

Hmm weird becasue the service doesnt seem to be down and they dont seem to block opensubtitltes because on jellyfin it works fine. Just not emby.

8 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Firewalls and other security software rules are defined by process.  Can you check that?

Hi,

I switched host but I got the same issue with them their systems are not blocking anything as far as I am aware.

embyserver (1).txt

19 hours ago, Hadriane said:

Hi,

I switched host but I got the same issue with them their systems are not blocking anything as far as I am aware.

embyserver (1).txt 42.47 kB · 1 download

@Hadrianeno timeouts here. Perhaps open subtitles just doesn't have anything that matches what you're searching? What are you searching for?

On 12/09/2023 at 19:31, Luke said:

@Hadrianeno timeouts here. Perhaps open subtitles just doesn't have anything that matches what you're searching? What are you searching for?

Hi,

I was trying John wick 3, but also other movies and shows none seems to work. There are subtitles available so that shouldn't be the issue, I tried Jellyfin and it works there, but I am not a fan of using that, rather stick with emby. Had the same issue on 2 different hosts.

• Solution
Q-Droid

The Emby plugin uses .org. You might have to create an account there as well. If you have VIP membership I don't know if you can transfer/duplicate an account from .com to .org. They do have a way to import in the other direction - .org to .com. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

The Emby plugin uses .org. You might have to create an account there as well. If you have VIP membership I don't know if you can transfer/duplicate an account from .com to .org. They do have a way to import in the other direction - .org to .com. 

Ah that explains it. Why do they have a .org and .com though I thought .com was the new one and they moved everything there. Thanks for helping me solve this though! :)

Thank you so much!

Edited by Hadriane
  • Like 1

Q-Droid

The .org site is the original and .com is still in beta though subs are sync'ed from .org. JF uses .com in the plugin per their docs which is why you were able to get subs there. Are you able to get the VIP membership copied to .org?

17 hours ago, Q-Droid said:

The .org site is the original and .com is still in beta though subs are sync'ed from .org. JF uses .com in the plugin per their docs which is why you were able to get subs there. Are you able to get the VIP membership copied to .org?

Not sure, not what I can find on their website. I'll have to contact them and see.

We'll hopefully be switching to the .com soon. We have a nice agreement setup with them so that Emby Premiere users won't need to enter open subtitles credentials anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Spaceboy
Just now, Luke said:

We'll hopefully be switching to the .com soon. We have a nice agreement setup with them so that Emby Premiere users won't need to enter open subtitles credentials anymore.

nice - so daily limits removed for users then?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 2:49 PM, Spaceboy said:

nice - so daily limits removed for users then?

We're still working that out but I'm sure it will be more convenient than it is now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Shawn

@Luke

Im having an issue where I have multiple subtitle plugins and none of them work. I've tried searching for 2 Fast 2 Furious for example and it shows no subtitles found. I have also verified that my login for opensubtitles.org and opensubtitles.com is working. The strange thing is it doesnt matter which movie I look for subtitles for none of them work. I followed the instructions in all the links below but nothing worked.

https://emby.media/support/articles/Open-Subtitles.html

https://emby.media/support/articles/Automatic-Subtitle-Downloads.html

Furthermore, when I go to this link https://www.opensubtitles.org/addons/show_my_ip.php it shows, "You are not logged-in on OpenSubtitles.org" and shows that I have 200 more downloads available. I can send my logs in a private message but I am not posting them on this forum for security reasons.

pwhodges

.com is the current version - you should not be using .org any more.

Check that you have set up the login in Emby for .com using your username (not email address as I first wrote here) - the wrong name will fail silently.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges
Correction

Lessaj
6 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

.com is the current version - you should not be using .org any more.

Check that you have set up the login in Emby for .com using your email address as the user name - any other name will fail silently.

Paul

Username, not email.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Beddu85

Hi guys i have the same problem but i resolved with your post.

I'm registered in opensubtitles.org and login in the website work fine... but emby don't work!!!... I have tried to update password with an password more short... but emby don't work!!

I make the new registered in opensubtitles.com with same e-mail username and password (you can use a different value)... now Emby work fine!!!

11 hours ago, Beddu85 said:

Hi guys i have the same problem but i resolved with your post.

I'm registered in opensubtitles.org and login in the website work fine... but emby don't work!!!... I have tried to update password with an password more short... but emby don't work!!

I make the new registered in opensubtitles.com with same e-mail username and password (you can use a different value)... now Emby work fine!!!

HI, yes Emby uses opensubtitles.com, not opensubtitles.org: