EAC3 Roku ARC problems

cv5404

I don’t know if this is the right place to post but I recently upgraded my receiver to a ARC capable receiver (Yamaha RX-V475) I have a Roku tv that I stream through. On my old receiver (Denon early 2010s model) I used an optical cable to get Dolby audio, set custom Dolby,DTS and it worked fine. Now I’d like to pass through audio with my new receiver, everything streams fine in passthrough mode but Eac3. It says “decoder off” if I toggle inputs and go back I get audio. Messing around in Roku settings, my old way of custom Dolby seems to play the files still. I tried taking AAC transcode off since it’s no longer needed with the new receiver. If I set the TV to auto then I get “decoder off” anytime I change anything not even emby. Again not sure where to post this but Emby itself is the easiest test for all this.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Roku-Ultra-specs-say-it-supports-EAC3-codec-not-for-me/m-p/795654/highlight/true#M40886

Apologies for the issue.

You do not need to take anything off, or change your setup in a ridiculous way. I am thinking it is just the reboot after changing settings you have forgotten.

This URL above should work for you. Whenever you change the audio settings on your Roku you must reboot the Roku afterwards. So that it can again read the entire HDMI chain as it boots up. If you do not do the reboots in between changing the settings it will leave your Roku in this weird state where it is not reading the audio chain correctly. You may hear devil sounds(extremely slow audio), chipmunk sounds(extremely sped up audio), or no audio at all. Or it might just produce squealing static at high pitches. When it does this know the Roku can only detect the HDMI chain when it initially boots up. It does not check any other time.

Let us know if this helps. We can provide more assistance if you need more.

Edited by speechles