Multiple "Emby for Kodi" using the same user account issue

CDogg2000

CDogg2000

2 Windows laptops using Kodi with "Emby for Kodi" and 1 Android Phone using the Emby app, ALL using the same username and password to connect to my Emby Server via the manual method of putting in IP and port.  If I have Kodi up on one laptop and the app up on the android, everything works as it should such as; watch together, immediate updates of progress from one to the other, immediate updates of watched/unwatched, etc.  This is the same regardless of which laptop is used, but not both laptops at the same time.  Once opening the second laptop with Kodi, everything done between those two devices shows up, as we would expect.  NOW, the laptop that was already running Kodi will no longer get updates from the second laptop NOR the android phone.  Actions performed on the first laptop will be replicated to the second laptop and to the android phone BUT anything the second laptop or android phone do will NOT be replicated back to the first laptop.  If I close out of the second laptop though, then ALL updates will start working again on the first as they did.  I could also leave the second laptop running and close out of the first and then open it back up and it will now get ALL updates BUT the second one no longer will, however, everything the second laptop does will replicate out, just nothing will come back in unless restarting Kodi OR closing Kodi on the first laptop.

An odd factor I noticed is that when choosing to "Add clients" or "Watch together" I see that the name of the android phone comes rather than the username but the Kodi clients come as the username rather than the device names I choose in Kodi.  Both Kodi clients show as a single username though, it's not duplicated.

The version of Emby server I had before having this issue was 4.6.7.0.  This version also allowed nextPVR to be a backend for LiveTV which was really nice.  I've been having this issue for some months since updating to 4.7.x.  I recently updated to the latest 4.7.10 to see if this would work now and the issue still exists.  I'm just now having the time to ask for help :)

Any ideas?

quickmic

Please, disable/remove all watch together/remote clients. Don't use this feature for testing, remote clients/watch together temporarily disables realtime updates (for performance reasons) but not all cases (like sleep mode etc) are proper tested yet.

Can you confirm this issue also appears on a "standard" setup?

Edited by quickmic

CDogg2000

I'm not sure what to make of or how to answer either response but I'll give it a go.  I apologize if there's alot of understanding missing with this issue.

I'm just looking for all clients to have all the same progress states, watched/unwatched status.  This did work as such with version 4.6.7.0.  I've already done alot of Windows reinstalls, Kodi reinstalls, used multiple hardware, all the basic beginner stuff.  Not sure what a "standard" setup is.  I've nothing complex going on.  The server and clients are local only.  Server is not allowed traffic in or out internet wise.  All local network.  I don't actually ever use "watch together" but saw it in the right click menu in Kodi and noticed what was in there but didn't actually try it because I've no use for it.

Over time, this becomes a genuine issue as the progress states on the two laptops start to have their own states for videos that the other nor the server will have though.  Stale or rogue data from being out of sync.

quickmic

The issue you reported must be specific to your setup. If this would be a general bug, lot's of people would be affected (including myself).

Therefore I'm looking for a specific pattern. e.g.

Did you copy Kodi from one device to another?  possible GUID/UUID conflict

Is the issue reproducible in a simple way.? Is the Android APP a factor, cause doesn't sound like. Check progress by adjusting on Emby server WebUI.

Is the issue related to sleep mode only?

Is the issue related to realtime syncs or startup syncs?

Is the websocket connection stable. Have you performed tests by sending messages from Emby to Kodi?

Which next-gen version do you use

And last but not least, send me a Kodi.log for review

Edited by quickmic