Metadata Priority - Local vs Remote

mickle026

mickle026

Is there any way to make my local metadata reader priority over remote readers?

Mine is always being read secondary after the remote provider and basically being ignored unless the remote provider doesnt return anything - I would like both enabled but the local one to take priority.  Its not even adding metadata as a secondary backup.

To get around this:

I can switch off the remote provider, perform a scan.  (Local provider on)
Switch on the remote provider , perform a scan

However this is not ideal....

in the library editor the local ones come first but they seem to always be secondary to the remote ones...

Hi, local metadata is always preferred first on a normal scan. It's only when you refresh metadata that it moves to last. There's no way to change that.

What I'd like to do perhaps at some point is get rid of the local/remote distinction and just have a list of providers that you can put in any order you want. But we're not there yet.

mickle026

OK, I understand,  so I basically have to turn off the remote metadata reader to get a refresh to take the local as priority until the changes you would like to do are made.

Just for my own info, Is there a roadmap for this? or is it not even on one yet, just something you would like to do?

It’s just an idea at this point. It would be more flexible but of course the current priority order is how the vast majority need it.

• Thanks 1

Depending on the required functionality, there's might be a way to work around this, though.

I'm currently off-site, but I can look it up in a few days.

• Like 1

@mickle026

You can create an Emby SDK Reference: ICustomMetadataProvider<TItemType> . Those will be run after local and remote providers.

Do not implement Emby SDK Reference: IPreRefreshProvider, because this would execute it BEFORE all others.

Implement Emby SDK Reference: IHasOrder to set the execution order (within providers of the same type only).

Implementing Emby SDK Reference: IForcedProvider will run the provider even when the item is locked.

Edited by softworkz
  • Thanks 1