Update webhook

tOLJY
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hey, so I've been on an old version of the server for a while and ignored updates. I"m on a RPI4 and updates aren't done automatically. I found that my app on my phone wouldn't connect to the server anymore so was forced to update. Noticed the update webhook - I made a script that will go and grab the latest version - but I'm unable to determine what the version is.  I'm just hitting https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/VERSION - I figure there was no way to say LATEST and get the latest stable version - anyway - if the webhook tells you what the newest version is - and I think it could since its printed on the emby server admin page - then users will be able to automate their updates via the webhook.

Thoughts?

I would also ask if there was a way to have the update webhook come out at a particualr time - I'd like any automatic updates to be run at 1AM for example - triggering the webhook hourly and getting the user to filter their response to it by time of day is a fine approach in my book.

Hi, yes the webhooks feature has an event for this that you can use:

image.png

There's no way to control when you receive the message. It's going to get sent as soon as the server becomes informed that an update is available.

But whatever you have receiving the webhook, you could script it on that side to do something at a certain time.

I was on 4.7.5 and it didn't tell me what the latest version is in the webhook data. Is this available in the latest version? And if not, can it be added?

• Solution

OK yes I can see that it's missing. We'll add this as part of the 4.8 server release. Thanks.

• Like 1