Stream audio cuts out randomly on Samsung TV

griam01

I have an issue with a stream through Emby only on a Samsung TV using eArc to an Emotiva receiver. Every so often the audio cuts out when only this stream plays, video is fine.  If I am watching the same stream on a Roku or iPad it doesn’t cut out. 

I checked the logs for transcoding as well as the Emby logs and don’t show anything occuring during the time the stream cut out. The last time I noted it was at 9:36pm on 9/7. I am on my phone and not near a computer to grab the logs but I will upload them by tomorrow. Just curious if anyone else has seen this issue. Here is a screen shot of the transcoding and stream from the TV. 

IMG_5743.jpeg

The audio is being direct played. When you test this on other platforms is the audio also being direct played, or converted to another format?  It’s possible that if there is audio conversion for other platforms it is masking any audio dropouts 

Playing a different stream on the tv and no issues. Only difference I see is the stream and transcoding. Also see that when I had the issue is showed my ISP IP instead of my internal IP like below. Not sure why as the connection should always be internal. 

IMG_5745.jpeg

I'm not really sure, and I can't even suggest how we might troubleshoot this.  If it's only the one stream that has an issue then it's probably not something we can do much with anyway.