API Error with MusicBrainz

mattl1979

mattl1979

I have Emby v4.7.14.0 installed on my Synology NAS. I've noticed in this version and previous versions that I am getting numerous errors about API calls to MusicBrainz. It's attempting to send a non-GUID to the web call.

Example Error: 2023-09-06 07:09:43.056 Info HttpClient: GET https://musicbrainz.emby.tv/ws/2/artist/usicBrainz Artist Id?inc=url-rels. The missing "M" is not a typo.

Not sure where this is coming from. How can I track down what track has a bum ID associated with it? Or is there a bug with the plug-in?

Edited by mattl1979

HI, that's strange. If you open the metadata editor for one of the affected artists, does it have a musicbrainz id of "usicBrainz Artist Id" ?

mattl1979
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, that's strange. If you open the metadata editor for one of the affected artists, does it have a musicbrainz id of "usicBrainz Artist Id" ?

That's my point, though. I have over 5,000 songs. I don't know what song is affected.

28 minutes ago, mattl1979 said:

Unfortunately no. Here's a subset of the log. Based on the repeated errors, it's probably multiple songs or artists with the error.

EmbyLog_20230907.txt 23.88 kB · 0 downloads

Looks like you have albums impacted as well:

2023-09-07 07:09:36.878 Info HttpClient: GET http://coverartarchive.org/release/usicBrainz Album Id

Can you use the metadata editor on a few artists or albums, and do you see what I mentioned on any of them?

mattl1979
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Looks like you have albums impacted as well:

2023-09-07 07:09:36.878 Info HttpClient: GET http://coverartarchive.org/release/usicBrainz Album Id

Can you use the metadata editor on a few artists or albums, and do you see what I mentioned on any of them?

Use it in what way? I don't see a way to get the GUIDs in a single list. I can't go through the albums one-by-one. What's an easier way?

1 minute ago, mattl1979 said:

I can't go through the albums one-by-one. 

I'm just asking you to go through a handful and see if you see any of these texts in the external id fields, just to confirm what I think the issue is.

mattl1979

I couldn't find anything, however I did clean up some "crap" album names and artist names. I had one album artist of "0" for instance. I'll give it some time and see if the error reappears.

3 minutes ago, mattl1979 said:

I couldn't find anything, however I did clean up some "crap" album names and artist names. I had one album artist of "0" for instance. I'll give it some time and see if the error reappears.

Where was the 0? Artist name or in an external id?

OK, believe it or not I have seen in the past some user files that contain musicbrainz id's of "usicbrainz...". So it is possible that the tagging software had a bug at that point in time (when the file was tagged). 

At the time I meant to add safeguards to avoid importing this data into emby server but it looks like i never did.

• Like 1