Backdrop image for the playing screen (Mixed Content)

hickscse
Go to solution Solved by hickscse,

hickscse

Potentially a straightforward Yes/No answer, is there anyway I can set an image for the now playing screen (videooosd.html) when playing content from a Mixed Content library.

Details, I have a folder with a load of sub folders that each contain a strm file, so currently file system looks like this:

- Media
 -- Radio
  --- DI FM
    ---- Club Sounds
     ----- Club Sounds.strm and Images etc

When I am playing that particular stream it plays fine etc, but the what I'm calling "now playing" screen is black - obviously because there is no video there. However I was just wondering was there a way to set that to an image like the backdrop that I have stored for that stream?

Thanks

Edited by hickscse

hickscse

Ah did some investigating and googling and came across someone have the same issue here - 

The solution was to move it from Mixed Content into a Music or Audiobooks folder. Tried that and it still hasn't worked, the URL under this new library still has

http://xxx/web/index.html#!/videoosd/videoosd.html

So is Emby not detecting that these .strm files are music, even thought I have put them in a Music/Audtiobook content folder? Is there any metadata that I could add for the stream that would point to it being Audio?

• Solution
hickscse

OK I think I have sorted it out - because I still had the folder referenced by a Mixed Content library it seemed to always revert to treat it as a movie (the NFO metadata that was generated for each of the STRM also confirmed this). When I removed that link and did a rescan so that the stream folder only had a one library pointing to it (which was Music Content type) it figured it out.

Now going about adding the logos/backdrop and basic NFO data to finish it up.

Leaving this here in case someone else bumps into the issue (some of the general advice with STRM is to put it into a Mixed Content folder, which what has thrown it this time round) 

• Thanks 1