LG App 1.0.37 & 1.0.39 - Embedded subtitles did not work

rxqy33
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi @Luke, also eperiencing a simliar issue here. I have lots of movies with pgssubs and now I can not see any of them with a recent update.

On old emby versions (like last year? not sure what the exact version is): I switched my subs, and would see a black sceen for 2-3 seconds, and wait for around a minute until the subs finally show up, not a very smooth experience, but it works anyway.

On latest version: I still see the black screen, but no subs will show up after minutes.

So I guess this should be the problem on the lg's side because it does not support embedded subtitles, still, I'm wondering why some old emby version works?

Server: 4.7.14.0 win11 on a 10th gen intel i3, with sub extraton on the fly enabled.

Client: 1.0.39 lg c1 emby app.

Bt the way,  srt works fine all the time, but I have to manuual match the timelines and is very tedious. 

probablity related: 

Hi @Lukelogs here, sorry I've been pretty busy these days.

Emby Server: 4.7.14.0 on win11, not sure why emby reports as win10.

Client: Lg C1, Emby App 1.0.39

Video: 4K HEVC HDR10, PGSSUB, 14.2GB.

Serve restarted at 10am. And I start a movie on my lg tv with subs on, wait for around 5 minutes, still no subs on my lg tv.

Then I start the same movie file on my m1mac , chrome browser at around 10.05am. Everything works just fine, and I can see the subs with a few seconds.

And from the tutorial on how to report a problem, it seems that I can enable logs on my lg tv client? But I can't find the debug option on my lg tv client. If you can point me to it, I'm very to happy to also attach the logs there.

Many thanks!

hardware_detection-63829936897.txtffmpeg-transcode-8f3642c0-dd67-4b7a-afce-d626c0d3b009_1.txtffmpeg-remux-890ce594-72f7-4296-8142-395f868ac6a0_1.txtembyserver.txt

Hi @LukeMany thanks! This solves my issue, but I'm seeing a very high cpu usage on my server side, around 80~90 percent (cpu idle if disabled but no sub). Is this the expected behavior because my cpu is doing all the decoding staff?

• Solution
18 hours ago, rxqy33 said:

Hi @LukeMany thanks! This solves my issue, but I'm seeing a very high cpu usage on my server side, around 80~90 percent (cpu idle if disabled but no sub). Is this the expected behavior because my cpu is doing all the decoding staff?

Probably, yes. The LG doesn't support the subtitles, so you have to allow server transcoding in order to see them. So now this results in high resource consumption so you'll have to make a choice. Some options are:

• Turn off the subtitles
  • Use external text based subtitles instead, our subtitle download features can help acquire them
  • Use an Emby app that can direct play the subtitles without transcoding, such as android, iOS, windows, etc.