Movies Not Found

SadDuck
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by doesn’t recognize?

I have a similar issue, though a different NAS. On my NAS I have a volume with a folder Movies. In Emby I created a Library with that Volume and folder ( they are shared ). When I bring Emby up it shows the Library folder Movies, but under that it simply says 'No items found.'  I can move the heading from Movies to Favorites or Folders and it simply says the same thing. I 'scan' the library files and it apparently doesn't find anything. Again, these are shared folders and I can access them from my computer, laptop and phone all via LAN or wifi and the movies play. I just can't seem to get them to display in emby. Or on my Roku TV running emby, which is what I am actually trying to accomplish.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I just did try another scan, and got nothing. Attached is the log file. I did notice that when I checked for the log there was a check box 'enable debug logging' that was not checked. If you need me to do this again, just let me know. However, it's late here now and I'm going down for a few hours sleep. I'll check back as soon as I'm up. Thanks again for your help.

embyserver.txt

• Solution

It looks like the server is being denied access to query the contents of the folder:

2023-09-06 18:02:02.082 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.14.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology72_{version}_armv8.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 5.10.55+ (root@build5) (aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.38) #64570 SMP Thu Jul 20 00:06:13 CST 2023
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: arm64/arm64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/Movies' is denied.

Have you taken a look at this?

No. I had not seen that. But problem solved!
Followed your directions. The folder, apparently, was not properly shared. I wound up having to change those settings, then deleted my emby library. Then I created a new library and it automatically scanned the folder when created, downloaded the meta data for the movies found and organized it all. BOOM! It worked perfect and I can now access the movies on my Roku TV using the emby app.

Thank you very, very much for your help with this!

• Thanks 1