Show not indexed episodes

Nisbo

I am running Emby on an RS814+ with DSM 7.1

Is there a place where I can see non indexed episodes of a TV show ?

Currently I have an issue with the tv show "Rote Rosen", indexed by thetvdb

There are 5 episodes on the disk with correct name, but these episodes are not shown in the season overview.
I created the entries on thetvdb by my own and checked that the infos are provided via API with an other tool.

I tried to refresh meta data and scan library, no success.

Via shell, I observed that Emby is not really refreshing Meta data, because the timestamp of the cached json files did not change

Screenshot_21.jpg.c21c748bda389a59a24e73dd9a5ab720.jpg

I renamed the files and did a refresh / scan again, the files were created again with the newest data from thetvdb

Screenshot_22.jpg.7d2ff88be42fd6482a54918c7622137f.jpg

Now I can see the "Missing" place holder (option to show missing episodes) but the episodes are not assigned

If I renamed one of the files via shell (simply add a space in the name) emby will find and index this episode.

Is there a way to solve this issues without renaming it manuell ?

Additionally there is also a wrong labelled episode in the season, how can I fix the association ?

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what exactly is shown? How are your files named and organized?

Screenshot_23.jpg.4985ba5a9e1470b825805b84bad19d4a.jpg

Screenshot_24.jpg.50aef003841eb60b12b2378584dab847.jpg

3344 is the one wich is not correct assigned, its liked to S21E3815
3813 is the one wich I renamed

shown = not displayed, not visible, not indexed

3344 is the one wich is not correct assigned, its liked to S21E3815

HI, try using the metadata editor to correct the episode number for this, then refresh the metadata on the episode and see if that helps pull in the correct information. 

I corrected the episode and season number.
After this, I had 2 entries. One from the place holder and the episode I modified.

Screenshot_25.jpg.be6b255035bbae554ec80ddde97bd65c.jpg

If I use the option to refresh the meta data for the episode wich I modified, it will change back to the old episode/season number

Screenshot_26.jpg.a4ebea1b84d8586abb673313aed03bff.jpg

Screenshot_27.jpg.c9c5ec26850a4654b7663339ad7dea77.jpg

ff

I corrected the episode and season number.
After this, I had 2 entries. One from the place holder and the episode I modified.

The placeholders don't go away until a library scan, so this is normal after editing it. I would suggest disabling the library option to import missing episodes. It's a feature we never should have added.

If I use the option to refresh the meta data for the episode wich I modified, it will change back to the old episode/season number

This is probably a good thing. That means it's repeatable and we should be able to get to the bottom of it. Please attach the emby server log from when you did that:

Thanks.

OK, this worked ... but ... now I got the wrong episode 3344 entry again, assigned with another missing not indexed episode.
I will repeat your suggestion for the other not indexed episodes and will report what happened.

OK, this worked ... but ... now I got the wrong episode 3344 entry again

If you got the wrong episode, then what do you mean by "this worked"?

I had 4 not indexed episodes
I had 4 placeholders
1 episode was wrong indexed
We were talking about the wrong indexed episode
I did your work around for the wrong episode --> this worked
but, after this I had again 1 wrong indexed episode (same episode number than mentioned above) and now 3 not indexed episodes (with placeholders from thetvdb)

I did the same procedure for the 3 remaining episodes and all was OK. All correct indexed and no wrong indexed left.

Now I inserted 6 new descriptions on thetvtb, checked with an other program (Filebot) that the content is available on the thetvdb API. Renamed the 6 new episodes to the correct format.
Moved the files to the NAS, did a scan, refreshed the meta data inside the season and also from the tv show and got the problem with the wrong indexed episode again.

This time, it looks like that Emby did not fetch the data for the placeholders from thetvdb and additionally there were only 2/6 new episodes shown

Screenshot_28.jpg.26ec470fb145b02c6625f8adfa2d505d.jpg

Is there no option to force Emby to download new data from thetvtb ? Now I have to go to the commandline from my Synology and have to delete the cached files.

Now I fixed it,

I deleted the cache for this tv show via shell
I did a scan and meta refresh --> now I got the placeholders

I renamed the files on the NAS as mentioned above (added a single space in the name)
Did again a scan and all was fixed

Looks like that this happened if Emby has no data for the episodes.
Dont know if this is helpful for you.

I would like to request 2 function, if no already available
1. An option to force Emby to download new data from thetvtb --> delete the cache from the user-interface for a single TV show
2. A place where I can see not indexed episodes, means files with no association to an database entry

4 hours ago, Nisbo said:

Now I fixed it,

I deleted the cache for this tv show via shell
I did a scan and meta refresh --> now I got the placeholders

I renamed the files on the NAS as mentioned above (added a single space in the name)
Did again a scan and all was fixed

Looks like that this happened if Emby has no data for the episodes.
Dont know if this is helpful for you.

I would like to request 2 function, if no already available
1. An option to force Emby to download new data from thetvtb --> delete the cache from the user-interface for a single TV show
2. A place where I can see not indexed episodes, means files with no association to an database entry

Right you needed to get all of the existing tvdb id's removed from episodes. In the upcoming 4.8 server release, when you use the Identify feature on a series, it will remove them. So that could be one possible approach.

• Like 1