"No Compatible Streams" error

Bill LeDuc
Go to solution Solved by Gilgamesh_48,

Bill LeDuc

You have introduced serious playback issues that appears to have been introduced by 4.7.14. It varies somewhat by client/app, but would appear to be related to the server.  I am getting "No Compatible Streams" error on files that played fine before. It has varied from live recorded files to files recorded on a phone. Fails on Opera, but works on Edge,  The phone files fail on the Android app.

• Solution
Gilgamesh_48
34 minutes ago, Bill LeDuc said:

You have introduced serious playback issues that appears to have been introduced by 4.7.14. It varies somewhat by client/app, but would appear to be related to the server.  I am getting "No Compatible Streams" error on files that played fine before. It has varied from live recorded files to files recorded on a phone. Fails on Opera, but works on Edge,  The phone files fail on the Android app.

Almost certainly the issue is that something has changed on your system. If it were otherwise then these board would, to use the vernacular, be "lit up like a Christmas tree." People are not slow to come to these boards when things go REAL wrong. If errors like you report were common it would probably overwhelm this board to the point of crashing it.

If you really want the issue fixed you need to explain exactly what is happening as well as what client you are using and include logs covering the time it happened.

But that error sounds like some/most of your drives have changed letter or somehow the rights to the drive you are using have been lost by the Emby server.

• Thanks 1

Bill LeDuc

@Gilgamesh_48

You are correct on both counts. I couldn't imagine why there hadn't been other posts. And i can't image why Windows 11 is changing drive letters. This is the second drive letter to get changed.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Gilgamesh_48
11 minutes ago, Bill LeDuc said:

@Gilgamesh_48

You are correct on both counts. I couldn't imagine why there hadn't been other posts. And i can't image why Windows 11 is changing drive letters. This is the second drive letter to get changed.

Thanks

Well I cannot help much as I use Windows 10 (my computer(s) I run my servers on are not able to support Windows 11) however, under Win 10, there is a way to lock in the letter to volume match so it never changes. I think it is called "Drive" or "Disk" manager but I seem to have to stumble onto it every time I need to force my Win 10 computer to not change drive mapping.

Edited by Gilgamesh_48

Bill LeDuc

I still have an issue worth pursuing that I mentioned in my original post about playback failure using Opera browser where it works fine in the Edge browser. It's not a game changer, but it appears to be a bug. IembyserveERRORr.txt have attached a log file. The failure is toward the end  of the file during playback of the file "Cheryl Day Bakes Cakes".

20 minutes ago, Bill LeDuc said:

I still have an issue worth pursuing that I mentioned in my original post about playback failure using Opera browser where it works fine in the Edge browser. It's not a game changer, but it appears to be a bug. IembyserveERRORr.txt have attached a log file. The failure is toward the end  of the file during playback of the file "Cheryl Day Bakes Cakes".

HI, please attach the ffmpeg log as well. Thanks.