Hardware Recommendations

Misinthe
Go to solution Solved by RanmaCanada,

Misinthe

I am turning my current PC into a dedicated Windows Server for Emby, it's got an i7 6700k, 16GB RAM (upgrading to 64GB), and I am puttinig in a GPU for Transcoding, this is where I wanted some opinions, In my current server, I use an Nvidia Quadro K2000 2GB, but with the system, I will also have a GTX 1080 available, I don't know if Emby would benefit from all that or if I should keep the K2000 on it, or, I have another K2000, would Emby be able to use 2 K2000? Just looking for some recommendations and opinions! Thank you!

• Solution
RanmaCanada

AFAIK Emby can't handle dual cards.  You can stick with your ancient K2000, or I would recommend you upgrade to an Intel Arc A380.  Sparkle has a version that does not need a power plug.  The 1080 would use far too much power and would need the hacked drivers to get the most potential out of it.

• Agree 1

Misinthe
16 hours ago, RanmaCanada said:

AFAIK Emby can't handle dual cards.  You can stick with your ancient K2000, or I would recommend you upgrade to an Intel Arc A380.  Sparkle has a version that does not need a power plug.  The 1080 would use far too much power and would need the hacked drivers to get the most potential out of it.

Well, I wanted to go with one that I have on hand, I’ll use the K2000 and see if I can sell the 1080 and buy an Arc A380 with that money, or maybe wait for Battlemage? As far as power, I don’t really mind since I have an ATX PSU, plenty of power to go around. Thank you for the advice!