Emby DNLA server not found on Lemega internet radio / speaker

MrGiles

Until recently my Lemega radio/speaker could play all my music from my QNAP NAS, including playlists etc.  Now, it just sees the QNAP media server, so just the folders on the NAS, and cannot find the Emby server.  Not sure what has changed, but I can't find anything different in the settings.  I did update the Emby server recently, but didn't change anything.  DLNA is definitely enabled in the Emby server settings though.  There was also a firmware update on the NAS recently, but again I haven't changed any settings.  Any suggestions?

@MrGiles

So the server does detect the Lemega but I guess not the other way around. Can you enable both server debug logging in the server logs section, and also dlna debug logging in dlna settings, and then restart the server and attach a new log?

Make sure to turn those off when you're done because it will cause the log files to be huge. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
mattl1979
On 9/8/2023 at 4:07 PM, Luke said:

@MrGiles

So the server does detect the Lemega but I guess not the other way around. Can you enable both server debug logging in the server logs section, and also dlna debug logging in dlna settings, and then restart the server and attach a new log?

Make sure to turn those off when you're done because it will cause the log files to be huge. Thanks!

This matches my scenario as well (in the other thread). The server recognizes my other DLNA-compatible clients and can control them, but none of the clients see the Emby DLNA server.

I can't explain why, but my Lemaga device is now detecting the Emby server.  On the device there are now 2 options showing:  "NAS-TS-253D" and "Emby NAS".  If I select "Emby NAS" I get access to everything in my Emby library, albums, playlists etc.  If I select "NAS-TS-253D" I just get Music, Videos, and Photos but I think it's just accessing the QNAP apps on my NAS which I don't use, and don't contain any of my playlists or any of the other Emby library items.  I've attached new server logs anyway, but as it's now working I'm not sure there's any point investigating further.  Thanks anyway

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63829422623.txt embyserver-63829422548.txt

9 hours ago, MrGiles said:

I can't explain why, but my Lemaga device is now detecting the Emby server.  On the device there are now 2 options showing:  "NAS-TS-253D" and "Emby NAS".  If I select "Emby NAS" I get access to everything in my Emby library, albums, playlists etc.  If I select "NAS-TS-253D" I just get Music, Videos, and Photos but I think it's just accessing the QNAP apps on my NAS which I don't use, and don't contain any of my playlists or any of the other Emby library items.  I've attached new server logs anyway, but as it's now working I'm not sure there's any point investigating further.  Thanks anyway

embyserver.txt 252.53 kB · 0 downloads hardware_detection-63829422623.txt 258.05 kB · 0 downloads embyserver-63829422548.txt 138.82 kB · 0 downloads

That's great to hear. I can think of two possible reasons why this might have changed:

• Something previously was preventing the traffic from getting across the network, most commonly firewall or security software on the server machine blocking it from the emby server process
  • Or there's something about the server responses that it doesn't like, and the reason why it works now but didn't before is because your library content has changed enough that we're no longer sending back whatever it was that it had a problem with.

If it's multiple devices from different manufacturers that can't connect, then the first option is more likely. If it's a single one-off and you can get others to work, then it's probably the second one.