External player mpv not working

Super1

Sometimes i use mpv player because a lot of videos are very dark and mpv has a feature to up brightness. If you could add this feature to emby player or atleast make it possible to open external player mpv

26 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, why do you think the external player isn't working?

When i click play and choose mpv it turns my screen landscape and next second back to portrait. It stays in emby app. Like it tried to open and then goes out

Edited by Super1

Ok, that should work in mpv. Maybe you can get error info from mpv? Maybe the server log will tell us something.

12 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok, that should work in mpv. Maybe you can get error info from mpv? Maybe the server log will tell us something.

Ok its weird. It looks like its playing normally if you look at it from server. (Screen shoot). 

I am sharing logs from emby.

Dont know how to share from mpv. 

embyserver(1).txt

Screenshot_20230903_201058_Microsoft Remote Desktop.jpg

Edited by Super1

4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Why not just play in Emby and increase the brightness?

Brightness is full. Video is dark. I think mpv increases contrast or something. True black pixels become lit after increase. I guess i can use an app that like twilight for that. Ok thank you for the help

7 minutes ago, Luke said:

From the server’s perspective things look normal, so you’d have to find out why mpv doesn’t like it.

Do you know if app needs special "all files access" permission to be able to stream from emby? 

New android update now has video access ,music access and all files access permissions seperatly. 

It works on vlc that has the option but mpv doesnt

It seems to work perfectly when i am on the local area network of my emby server. 

With this info could you help me figure out why wouldnt it work on WAN

13 hours ago, Luke said:

It seems to work perfectly when i am on the local area network of my emby server. 

With this info could you help me figure out why wouldnt it work on WAN