SMB media files won't play. A bug?

Robybw

Okay, I'm scratching my head here. I don't know what's going on or what the problem is. I have a few folders set up in my library. I have an external media drive attached to my Android box, and it plays fine through Emby. But on my NAS, I input the SMB directory in Emby, but loading or playing a file is pretty much impossible. It takes ages to load a video, or it won't load at all. Using VLC or Kodi, it plays my NAS file instantly using the same directory path. I have a feeling that Emby has a bug or a problem playing media files through SMB. I'm using the beta version of the Emby Android server. So, I'm current. Any idea why this is happening?

On 9/3/2023 at 4:01 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  Try mounting the SMB location to the Android box and using the local mount point instead.

Unfortunately my box doesn't allow mounting network storage, so I use the SMB path. But, like I said. When using VLC or Kodi in same box, browsing the SMB directory plays the video files instantly. 

On 9/3/2023 at 5:43 PM, Luke said:

Hi, what device and version of android? What version of Emby Server?

I have to check the Android version that my Thomson Android TV box is on. I'm using the newest Beta version of the android server on it.

9 hours ago, Robybw said:

I have to check the Android version that my Thomson Android TV box is on. I'm using the newest Beta version of the android server on it.

Android version 10