best "tv smart device" for emby

Max6x6x

Hi all,

I'm having a 6 years old LG 4K TV which in a fantastic way now doesn't want to connect to WIFI, is getting slow....etc basically Yeeeeeeah or I buy a new TV or i buy some smart box/stick device.

I'm looking currently at Xiaomi TV box Ge 2 and Chromecast 4k but sincerly i don't know which one to buy.

My Emby server runs on a Synology S218+ (with 6gb of ram), internet at a 500mbps , and and an Asus RT-AX55 router.

Suggestions? 

rhx in advance.

O.

wmichael3

I use Google TV dongles on all TVs and am very happy with them. Using a dongle gives you the same UI across different TVs so you can mix and match the TV. We have an LG C1 as the main and a cheap Vizio in a bedroom and an ancient Panasonic elsewhere (16 years old) and they all work the same.  Buy the 4k version where you have that and the cheaper 1080p version for old TVs.

Hi Michael,

Thx a lot. if it's not a secret would you drop me which google tv dongles do you use? there is a trillion on the market :D

RanmaCanada

I am a huge fan of the new FireCube.  It has great wifi speeds, and supports almost every codec under the sun, including hi10-P (use the mainline app, not Amazon).  Though it is still a little weak when it comes to handling soft subs.

7 hours ago, RanmaCanada said:

I am a huge fan of the new FireCube.  It has great wifi speeds, and supports almost every codec under the sun, including hi10-P (use the mainline app, not Amazon).  Though it is still a little weak when it comes to handling soft subs.

Thx Ranma, I'll check it out and btw Kudos for the username :D I had the entire Ranma manga, packaged, first edition in italian :D one of the best stories ;) 

Edited by Max6x6x
grammar