Harmony remote control head scratching

MarkTheNewf

MarkTheNewf

So I've read through a few topics regarding the issues with remotes.  I currently have a Harmony remote (Elite with the hub) that I've used previously in a WMC setup without issue.  I've since nixed the WMC computer (it finally snuffed it after 13 years) and got a MinisForum UM560XT mini pc and loaded up Emby.  I switched on the Bluetooth the PC comes with and figured out how to connect the Harmony remote using that and I'm kinda diggin' it....with one setback.

image.thumb.png.01eadaf2d38fa3f1e84af7034ced23d7.png

As some have noted, a lot of the controls are goofy.  One good example is that the fast-forward does nothing during video playback (DVR/Recorded TV for example).  Note in the screen cap below that it does list as being setup for either skipping fwd.

image.thumb.png.a15fa02f0e7c9e503b4fd414cc55cf1f.png

To 'jump', I figured out that you use the navigation-right or left to jump back whatever I set it to in the configuration.  There's a bunch of other stuff like hitting my 'back' button on the remote in order to go to the previous screen brings up the browser 'back' function along with taking it out of full-screen mode.  Ooofff..... really odd that some controls work one way with video playback and another way (if at all) when somewhere else.

Anyways, the point to my rambling is has anybody gotten these things remapped or figured out?  Doesn't seem like it has been.  I feel like I'm going to have to wipe the 'PC' from my remote and try it again to see if i can get it mapped?  Does the WMC green-buttoned remote work ok with Emby?  If so does that mean I'll have to find one, learn the codes, and use those instead?  I have a FLIRC but I'm currently running in Bluetooth without issue so it'd be kinda nice to continue with it.

I would really like to get this straightened out if I could.  My old HTPC had a high WAF and I had high hopes that Emby would be similar.  Kinda missing my phillips pronto remote now!

MarkTheNewf
36 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Which app are you using on which platform?

Running the Harmony software and Emby on Windoze 11.

MarkTheNewf

No idea what the remote has mapped since it's the default windows media center controls.  I'm guessing that is the case.  Perhaps I just need to remap the entire control to suit Emby and just not use any of the WMC controls?  Bummer.

MarkTheNewf

I think so.  Seems like even the channel up/down doesn't work.  Not sure what's up, but like I said, maybe I just need to delete it and try it fresh and then remap whatever is not appropriate for Emby Theater.

On 9/3/2023 at 6:25 PM, MarkTheNewf said:

I think so.  Seems like even the channel up/down doesn't work.  Not sure what's up, but like I said, maybe I just need to delete it and try it fresh and then remap whatever is not appropriate for Emby Theater.

If you mean channel up/down during playback, the app currently doesn't do that, but it's planned for future updates. Thanks.