Upgrading to Media Browser 3 (Classic) from 2.

strugglez
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

strugglez

Hey, just a quick introduction to myself, have just signed up to the forums as I would like to contribute with help as I will need much help along the way no doubt.

I am fairly new to Media Browser and after installing Media Browser 2 I noticed from word of mouth, that in fact there was Media Browser 3 released not long ago?

So the situation is, I never ended up uninstalling MB2 before installing MB3. I was wondering if the Media Browser folder (C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser) could be deleted or does MB3 still use data from this folder, as I see, there is also a folder I presumed as the MB3 folder (C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic).

When I go to uninstall programs from the control Panel, there isn't MB2 listed but Media Browser Classic. Is it safe to say I can deleted the C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser folder?

Yes. And welcome. The forums are a little snafu'd at the moment but they should be back to normal sometime tomorrow.

strugglez

Sorry, I am confused as to what Yes answers, Haha.

Yes - Yhe Media Browser folder (C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser) can be deleted

or/

Yes - MB3 still use data from this folder (C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser)

Thanks

• Solution
Redshirt

Yes the mediabrowser folder can be deleted, no mbc doesn't use data from the mediabrowser folder. 

• Like 2