Choppy video playback

EmilioGarcia

EmilioGarcia

Hello,

I've attached the video properties of the file I'm trying to play below ("Ghost.in.the.Shell.[...].txt"). The file size is huge, and it's using PGS subs, so I'm not surprised there's stutter. However, I can't seem to find a way to alleviate the issue. I disabled the subtitles, drastically lowered the video quality (720p 4MBs), and the issue is still there.

The file is hosted on my Synology DS1821+ NAS, and I can play it remotely without issues, full quality, over SMB. I'm accessing Emby via the local network (192.168.[...]).

Is there anything else I can try, that might be able to help?

Thank you

Ghost.in.the.Shell.1995.PROPER.UHD.BluRay.2160p.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1.DV.HEVC.HYBRID.REMUX-FraMeSToR.mkv.MediaInfo.txt embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-b9a75a99-dc43-4974-9310-e083d76402ac_1.txt

EmilioGarcia

I've found that using Emby's built-in convert option seems to be the best solution for me. After converting, playing the new file runs without any stutters or issues.

Is there any way to get the ffmpeg command from the logs, and run the conversion on another machine? The CPU on my NAS is much slower than my desktop, so the conversions take way longer. I'd prefer to convert manually on my desktop.

EmilioGarcia

For the video I mentioned originally, it doesn't seem to fare much better. However, I did notice that some videos were being transcoded in Firefox, but not in Chrome -- so that should indeed help in some cases.

OK @EmilioGarciato answer your question. In theory, if you download the ffmpeg for windows, then yes you could run the commands, however, at minimum, you will need to:

• Disable hardware transcoding in emby server so that you can get a command line using software transcoding. Otherwise you won't be able to use the same command on another machine.
  • Adjust the path of the file accordingly to something your windows machine can access