Hält Emby meine HDD's wach ?

Kodi_Newcomer

Kodi_Newcomer

Hallo Com,

in Emby nutze ich nicht das AutoOrganize Plugin. Die Tools geben Emby bescheid, wenn es was neues gibt und stoßen doch somit ein Update oder Import neuer Files an richtig ?

Viel mehr Einstellungen zur Überwachung auf neue Files gibt es nicht, ausser diese hier richtig ?

image.png.c19e6a2f63a1b7d4a79911bf3b923fc1.png

Kann es sein, das er hier halt permanent auf die HDD zugreift und schaut ob sich was geändert hat ? Normal gehen die Platten nach 15min in den Standby, da ich sie meistens nur Abends brauche. Aber die HDD's laufen permanent durch. Lege ich sie manuell schlafen, sind sie gleich wieder da.

Müsste ich hierzu den Hacken raus nehmen. Dann greift Emby nur noch auf die Platten zu, wenn man was abspielen will richtig ?

Und wenn Soxxx oder Raxxx was fertig hat, schiebt er es ja zum richtigen Pfad und gibt doch dann über die Option Verbinden Emby den Befehl, nach neuen Sachen zu suchen richtig ? Dann müsste das ja so auch alles in Emby aufgenommen werden und Emby sucht nicht ständig nach neuen Sachen. Somit könnte die Platte vllt schlafen.

Grüßen,

Newcomer

Kodi_Newcomer

I have no idea, how is awake my drives, so i have thinking when Emby looks and reacts on changes on the hdd and Folders he is looking all the time into the folders, and because this, the hdd cant go to sleep ?

MagicDoubleM

Schau mal noch unter den "scheduled tasks" nach, was da so alles aktiv und eingestellt ist. Da kann es einige Sachen geben, die regelmäßig HDD-Zugriffe anwerfen.

6 hours ago, Kodi_Newcomer said:

I have no idea, how is awake my drives, so i have thinking when Emby looks and reacts on changes on the hdd and Folders he is looking all the time into the folders, and because this, the hdd cant go to sleep ?

What scheduled do you have for the library scan?

Kodi_Newcomer

image.png.b0ab539f644f266b337248f707e233cf.png

Every 3h.

image.png.236822bc97525f805c4c8395d5ceee3b.png

Thats all i have, some more but with min 24h interval.

@MagicDoubleM

Diese Einstellung kann das auch machen ? Weil hier doch permanent gelesen wird ob sich was in den Ordnern ändert oder ?

MagicDoubleM
6 hours ago, Kodi_Newcomer said:

image.png.b0ab539f644f266b337248f707e233cf.png

Every 3h.

image.png.236822bc97525f805c4c8395d5ceee3b.png

Thats all i have, some more but with min 24h interval.

@MagicDoubleM

Diese Einstellung kann das auch machen ? Weil hier doch permanent gelesen wird ob sich was in den Ordnern ändert oder ?

Ja, wenn Echtzeitüberwachung an ist, kannst Du theoretisch Scan Media Library ausmachen bzw. sehr großzügig konfigurieren. Beim emby start ausführen, und aller 24h habe ich bei mir eingestellt.

Du hast sonst keinerlei weitere tasks aktiv? Intro detection, metadata-folder scans, subtitle downloads etc.pp?

Convert und transfer media sind nur relevant, wenn konvertieren und download per emby nutzt.

Kodi_Newcomer

Ne die anderen Sachen nutze ich eigentlich nicht so, bzw. sind dort die Zeiten recht weit auseinander.

Dann kann ich mir nur vorstellen, das die Echtzeitüberwachung die Platten wach hält, weil er ja ständig auf neue Files reagieren können muss.

• 3 weeks later...

Please attach the emby server log from when you expected the machine to sleep and then we can tell you what it was doing at the time. Thanks.

Kodi_Newcomer

When i set this off 

Allow real-time monitoring

than emby used my hdd only when i will something play from the media list ? Library Scan i have set evertime to 21:15, because there is the tv the most time on. So i need the hdds anyway.

Hm i dont know if i can give you a log. I will put the hdd's into sleep, and somebody wakes them up. But i dont no when. I can look at the CLI on Linux and check the status of the hdd'S then i see they active, but not from witch time.

So i will try understand emby, when he go on my hdd, so they maybe waked up.

Edited by Abobader
As requested

When i set this off 

Allow real-time monitoring

than emby used my hdd only when i will something play from the media list ? Library Scan i have set evertime to 21:15, because there is the tv the most time on. So i need the hdds anyway.

Not necessarily. It could still wake up to access images. That's why we'd need to see the server log from when you expected it to sleep, but didn't. Thanks.

Kodi_Newcomer

That was the time, the hdd sleeped, and wake up.

I have set the task like this .

image.png.c28c38dfc1650015f31e717d3189346f.png

image.png.ec415311bc276be8a1a686a8bf036763.png

image.png.35002112965f12662933d4b43af697c9.png

So you mean, when someone go on the web UI or start the app, he wakes the hdd up for showing the images ?

embyserver.txt

The server will stay awake as long as someone is using it.

Why did you create a schedule for the scan metadata folder task? Did you read the description for it?

Kodi_Newcomer

There was a timer every x hours. Not created from me. So i delet it and make this at a time the emby server is in use. So i can delet the timer ?

41 minutes ago, Kodi_Newcomer said:

There was a timer every x hours. Not created from me. So i delet it and make this at a time the emby server is in use. So i can delet the timer ?

Yes, and it had to have been created by you because by default it has no schedule. It’s just something to run manually as needed.