Sound problem

tedfroop

tedfroop

No solution needed - just an explanation please as I can't find one.....

What the heck is the difference between DTS-MA  Codec ID  A_DTS  and DTS-MA Codec mp4a-A9,  Emby can understand and transcode either,  and my AVR chokes on A_DTS but plays mp4a-A9 no problem.

Again - it's a curious mind wants to know thing......

Hi, we exactly happens with your avr? Have you tested multiple files to isolate this as a pattern? If it’s just one video it could be something else about it. 

anyway the latter could be dts-x but I’m not positive.

tedfroop

Nothing happens on my AVR with A_DTS.  It continues as if its playing but there is no sound.  If I ask to correct playback it falls back to remuxing to Dolby 5.1.

My AVR is a older Yamaha RX V567, which is connected Arc/Earc to my TV for audio only as it can't handle 4K at all, but plays DTS-MA 7.1 and Dolby TrueHD 7.1 no problem. Is A_DTS a newer codec?  that would say why its not recognized.

What happened was I ripped two files that both showed mp4a-A9 as the Codec.  Both files played as expected, DTS-MA tracks and video.   Joined the two files with MKVToolnix and thats where the codec changed to A_DTS, which played only with remuxed audio.

I  joined the files later with Shutter Encoder and the joined file showed the mp4a-A9 codec which played no problem - sound and video.

• Thanks 1