Continue Watching.. watched episodes not moving to end of que

Mendocinotim

Mendocinotim

Once an episode from a tv show has been played shouldn’t it position the next episode to the (left) end of the que?

What I mean is, it does sometimes. Just not every time. Some shows never do, others sometimes. It never has a problem with incrementing to the next episode though. 

I tend to watch my tv shows by pulling from the right end; I.e., I go through the shows in my Continue Watching list pulling the oldest watched series to the next oldest, in descending order.

i didn’t find any other complaints like this when searching on this topic. I’m sure I’m not the first though.

Hi, yes the shows you’ve watched most recently should be at the beginning of the continue watching list. Can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

Mendocinotim

Certainly…

Arrow S01E02 was in the fourth from the right slot before I watched it last night. After watching it I backed out of Emby, shut off the Apple TV and went to bed. Today however, when I got back not Emby I noticed Arrow S01E03 was in the fourth position still. It should have fallen back to the 17th position, as that’s how many shows I currently have que’d for watching.

Star Trek Voyager is a frequent offender. Unfortunately it’s not consistent, although it will sometimes linger in a slot, on a series, for several episodes, and then suddenly fall to the end-of-queue position and behave itself normally after that, ..until it doesn’t again. 

btw.. I typically don’t watch all the way through the end credits, however Emby always gets that I watched it and properly increments to the next episode in the series every time. BUt it’s like it misses the state change in the sort algorithm after it recognizes the end-of-episode bit.

Or something like that.

I hope that helps