Emby deletes song from playlist whenever I view it

RolandRock

RolandRock

Hi,

I'm running Emby 4.7.14.0 on Windows 10. I've noticed that there's a playlist I have where sometimes when I open it, Emby will delete one of the songs from the playlist (m3u file) permanently. It's always the same song, so I don't know if it has to do with the filename or something? But it's very weird. The observed behavior is that I open the playlist, and Emby shows all 26 tracks. Then I listen to the playlist for a while, and when I come back to the playlist view, one of the songs is missing. The song hasn't been removed from my library (I can still find and listen to it via search) but it's no longer in the m3u file. (Ah, it's also worth noting - when this happens, it actually affects the Play Queue in a buggy way. Basically, the play queue doesn't change visually, but clicking any song after the removed song will actually play the song after it. It's like the problematic song has been removed from the play queue, but the queue is still displaying it where it used to be, and using the index into the queue to choose what song to play, if that makes sense)

I've attached the m3u file if that's useful. The file that it keeps removing is "02 LOVE+PIECE+ICECREAM!.mp3".

Also more generally, it would be appreciated if there were a way to block emby from modifying my playlists entirely - I prefer to use it as a read-only interface to my music and stuff like this makes me worried it's messing with my library.

Katamari Go! OST.m3u

Hi, it could be the file name due to those characters. We'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.