Video on demand server

oreos

Currently what I'm doing is making an m3u list for a vod server using jellyfin to grab the streaming link and adding it into an m3u file. I just want to see how it will look on other streaming clients like tivimate but there must be a better way of doing this ? All my movies and shows are on my windows 10 and emby doesn't have the copy stream link like jellyfin.

image.png

HI, yes it's possible to add, but you can also just make a url by copying the download url. Once you see that you should be able to figure out how to create others quickly.

Yeah, I rather not use jellyfin, maybe something like this should work and be fine to access remotely ?

Example

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0 Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny 2023
C:\Users\Windows\Desktop\Movies\Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny 2023

I want to be able to access it remotely for family. The movies and shows I'm just trying to use best method for the covers and backdrops which I can direct to my hard drive pointing to it within each folder since my emby server has all the cover art and backdrops. 

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Why not just create a collection or playlist in Emby? Why m3u?

I have done that, I just want to mess with something different for a change. I have been using emby for a very long time and figured I would make a vod m3u as my emby is full 20 users on my lifetime premium. I wont go 25 as sometimes it doesn't drop when people close out. Does this need to be all done manually for the m3u getting the info from hard drives ? This will take a very long time.

You still haven't really answered the question of what you plan to do with the m3u.

If you plan to send them a copy of the file directly, then no, it can't contain your hard drive paths because they're not going to be able to reach your c drive.

• Like 1

Only other way I can think of is on my emby server linux box downstairs share all the hard drives and just login from windows upstairs and manually make the m3u using all the links. Will take years to finish LOL. I'm not use to windows at all I'm use to using a terminal but my linux box is so loud it drives me crazy.