Pixel 7: no brightness control, and black bar

x4cbN

On my new Pixel 7 there is no brightness control inside the app but the app overwrites brightness of my Android settings. 

Also there is a big black bar where the camera is and I would rather like that part filled. 

I looked through the settings and could not find any setting regarding both. 

Changing aspect ratio settings does not change anything. I am on grapheneos but it is complying to AOSP standards. 

server version: 4.7.11.0

Emby app: newest version from playstore

Here an example where you can see both.

Screenshot_20230831-140005.thumb.png.1d817f319ffab75239dcd4ffef119e49.png

Edited by x4cbN

Cadkey
8 hours ago, x4cbN said:

Also there is a big black bar where the camera is and I would rather like that part filled. 

Because the Pixel 7 screen is 20:9.

• Thanks 1

Yes but this does not matter there still are black bars in the example as you can see top bottom and on the side where the camera is. This black bar is regardless of the aspect ratio of the video. Also you can change the video to stretching and it will still have the black bar were the camera is.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, x4cbN said:

Also you can change the video to stretching and it will still have the black bar were the camera is

As explained it's normal on screens that are not 16:9 ^^

4 hours ago, Cadkey said:

As explained it's normal on screens that are not 16:9 ^^

It appears you might have misinterpreted my posts or are unfamiliar with aspect ratios. If the original content doesn't have black bars, there shouldn't be three of them. You'll only see two opposing black bars when the aspect ratio doesn't align. However, by adjusting the stretch or zoom settings, these can be eliminated, as long as the source doesn't inherently have black bars.

On 8/31/2023 at 2:05 PM, x4cbN said:

Here an example where you can see both.

Screenshot_20230831-140005.thumb.png.1d817f319ffab75239dcd4ffef119e49.png

5 hours ago, Cadkey said:

So there is no problem 😉

stop writing useless stuff 

Who do you think You Are? You come to ask for help and you allow yourself to criticize. Stay with your false problem

P.S: No abnormal margin on my Pixel 7, the problem does not come from Emby 🙃Screenshot_20230902-155738.thumb.png.ebd333aebf42661e61c19a99fe0cf0e9.png

Edited by Cadkey

Although this happens only to some devices it can be fixed for those. So I came here to request it as a feature or change as a user.

I don't need your unqualified commets. It is possible:

Screenshot_20230902-165422.thumb.png.352ef0b6de990b0bc5868b39ea78e7cb.png