"Not interested" flag for all media at the user level.

marriedman

Junglejim
1 minute ago, marriedman said:

Already tried that.

Since I am the admin, I could do that at a computer. But the typical user that is watching via a TV remote, it doesn't work.

It's filtered by there profile 🙄, it will work on any device they log in with!

Admin... 😆

marriedman
16 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  We have this same functionality re: showing in continue watching.  You can right click on an item there and "Remove from Continue Watching" and then it won't show there again unless you play another episode.

This particular request would completely hide the item from you everywhere.

A little bit of file-level organization can give you this.  Folder Based Access Control

My original post referenced the Filtered View of Un-watched, not the widget of New Releases or Newly Added. My original request would be applicable to any an all media on the server regardless of the age of the file.

The Folder Based Access Control would only work on broad stroke categorization and not individual tastes. I have some idea what my users would find interesting, but I have been shocked to find my elderly parents watching ultra violent films or those with graphic sex scenes. It would have to be a metadata option.

marriedman
1 minute ago, Junglejim said:

It's filtered by there profile 🙄, it will work on any device they log in with!

Admin... 😆

You post makes no sense to me. I just said that I could not add a tag as a normal user. That means that none of my users could add a tag and then apply a filter.  Did you even read the beginning of the thread?

Why are you being so snarky? The eyeroll and laughing emoticons are not endearing anyone to your input. If anything, it makes you look asinine and more prone to being ignored or blocked. 

Junglejim

Your a normal user..?  blocking content from a library is not up to a normal looser! It's up to the Admin to sort that out!! This is what this thread is all about. They can use Bulky or another tool to get the job done.

This is a reasonable request but I'm sure our implementation would hide the item completely from anyone who indicated they were "not interested" in it.  As mentioned before, there would need to be some sort of view of items marked this way so you could change your mind but, in the normal views, it wouldn't exist anymore.  That is the only way I think it would make sense for something you truly aren't interested in.

JoshuaAJones
On 3/27/2024 at 6:55 PM, ebr said:

You can right click on an item there and "Remove from Continue Watching" and then it won't show there again unless you play another episode.

Explaining how to "long click" (which is how to get there while not on a computer) an item to pull up a new menu and select Remove to my mother or aunt would be a tedious process to put it mildly. 

I am only suggesting another Playstate that Emby keeps up with for all users anyway. When my brother watches a movie, it doesn't remove it from all users accounts.

Currently, the system has the check mark for played/unplayed. I would like to see another alternate icon. 🚫  This would add another Playstate of Not Interested and hide the title/artist/show from appearing on the front page.  As usual, you could filter items in "TV Shows" to only show Unplayed (as I do now) but it would allow you to filter them to Any or Not Interested (which would allow you to see all of the items in that folder that you selected in the past). 

By allowing Not Interested, you would alleviate clutter on the front page without altering Suggested algorithms. It also puts the power in the Users hands without creating massive amounts of work for the Admins.

• Like 2