Movie Tags Case

kbeck
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I prefer my tags to be upper case for the start of each word. If there's an existing tag with lower case the ones I create also change to lower case. The only way to change them it to remove the tag from all and then readd the tag. Any way to fix other than remove all? 

If there's an existing tag with lower case the ones I create also change to lower case

Hi, what do you mean by this exactly? What do you mean by change?

The screenshot attached... I have 2 tags. I added as Comic Book and DC Comics. Another movie I added had the same tags but as comic book and dc comics. Now, every one I set, even if I go back and edit to be all caps, right after saving it's changed to be lowercase. They only way to change it like I want is to go thru all the ones with those tags, one at a time and delete the tags. Once all the tags are removed I can go back thru and recreate the tags like I want. But it may be 100s of metadata. I can have 5000 in all caps and add 1 in lowercase and all 5000 will be changed to lowercase. 

Screenshot_20230830_163438_Brave.jpg

• 3 months later...

Still trying to find a solution to this. I accidently misspelled a movie tag wrong and now even if I delete the tag and readd correctly, the Tags list shows it as the old spelling??????

2 hours ago, kbeck said:

Still trying to find a solution to this. I accidently misspelled a movie tag wrong and now even if I delete the tag and readd correctly, the Tags list shows it as the old spelling??????

Hi, yes I guess we need to have a better way to help you climb out of this situation. Right now this happens by design by locating the existing tag in the database case-insensitive. It does this in order to prevent you from accidentally creating mulitple tags of the same words with different casings.

9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes I guess we need to have a better way to help you climb out of this situation. Right now this happens by design by locating the existing tag in the database case-insensitive. It does this in order to prevent you from accidentally creating mulitple tags of the same words with different casings.

Normally, I'd say that's a great idea. But once you make a mistake you are done. At least now I know removing 200 tags will do me no good. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Luke said:

Luke, one more thing..... Does the database ever clean itself. If I remove all the bad tags and like restart and rescan, will it delete the bad entries if nothing is using them?

• Solution
3 hours ago, kbeck said:

Luke, one more thing..... Does the database ever clean itself. If I remove all the bad tags and like restart and rescan, will it delete the bad entries if nothing is using them?

A full scan of all libraries will, yes.