ATSC 3.0 (no DRM) wont play

JeremyG

JeremyG

Philadelphia just launched ATSC 3.0 which is great because i have been unable to get ABC from either NYC or Philly (I'm right in the middle and they are both VHF)

I can now pickup ABC over ATSC 3.0 just fine, when using the HDHomeRun TV app, but when I try to watch in Emby I get
"No compatible streams are currently available"

Is this some limitation?  is there somethign I have to do like install the HEVC codec somewhere?

HDHomeRun Flex4k firmware is:  20230719
Emby is version:   4.7.14

JeremyG

So I have 2 different examples, right after I posted this I rebooed the HDHomeRun (after seeing a suggestion in another thread). Now i get different behavior in that when I try to watch the channel the blue circle animation just continues and I never get the "No compatible streams" error.

So two logs attached. 

ATSC3-BeforeReboot.log ATSC3-AfterReboot.log

JeremyG

Sorry looking more there's not a difference in logs really from before/after..its that the logs looked different cause one was Emby Client and one was Web UI.

As a test, if you disable hardware transcoding in server transcoding settings, how does that compare?

JeremyG

No apparent change when disabling HW transcoding.

Could it be codec's on my PC maybe?

• The server can record shows on this channel (WPVI 106.1) just fine
  • Those recordings playback on the PC prroperly
  • I almost always watch on my Roku anyway,  (i usualy use HD HomeRun app when watching on my PC) but I feel this shouldnt be an issue.   

NoHWTranscoding.log