Tuner does not release streams

RobsterUK

RobsterUK

Hope this is the appropriate thread for this.
Emby is installed on Synology server version 4.7.13.0
Running a HD home run HDHR5-2DT on Firmware Version    20230719

We've started to watch live tv more in the past few days.

However a couple of times I've had the error 'no compatible streams'. When I've checked the tuner is has still been streaming 2 channels.
What can cause Emby to not release the streams?
I've attached the latest server log & a transcode log as it seems that the server transcodes the streams.

Thanks in advance for any replies

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-066a9062-e655-4208-9250-8fc298ed8c7b_1.txt

RobsterUK

Hi Luke. Sorry but I'm not sure. The wife has been using it more than I have. 

During a watching session it would be switching channel  by using either the on now or guide options.

I suppose there is also a chance that the TV has timed out due to remote inactivity and entered power saving. Would that cause the stream to still be active on the tuner, even though Emby has stopped the playback?

I don't always check the web gui of the tuner to see when it still has a stream active.

I am having this issue as well. I currently have a tuner from my hdhomerun prime being taken from the emby server, but the dashboard does not show it in use.  This is the second time this week this has happened.  The first time all three tuners were stuck.  It is possible that when done watching TV, the power button was pressed and just turned off. TBH I had always shut down channels this way without an issue.  Do I need to close the app first?  Seems there should be some timeout.....weird the dash does not show it in use.  How can this behavior be fixed?

So a bit more looking around, this appears to go back to at least 2020. Is this being looked at?  Overall I like emby better, but this is going to be an issue...I don't want to have to train anyone in turning off the TV. I can't 100% say it is the turn of method either. I just get the complaints about not being able to watch TV. With channels there was always the backup tve streams, but it appears doubtful emby will ever have this. 

On 9/2/2023 at 8:46 AM, frazzxr said:

So a bit more looking around, this appears to go back to at least 2020. Is this being looked at?  Overall I like emby better, but this is going to be an issue...I don't want to have to train anyone in turning off the TV. I can't 100% say it is the turn of method either. I just get the complaints about not being able to watch TV. With channels there was always the backup tve streams, but it appears doubtful emby will ever have this. 

Can anyone in EMBY support comment on this.

1 hour ago, frazzxr said:

There are many examples in this forum of the issue....dating back to 2020.  Are you unaware of this issue?

Generally speaking, most ways in which this can happen have been resolved by now. The only case we know of where it could still occur is during the initial loading if the user bails and closes the app before it has finished opening. Even then, some of our apps already have this resolved, and the 4.8 server beta channel has improved on this even more.  So the reason I ask for a specific example is so that we can learn if your case has already been covered or not.