Unable to update to the latest version on Synology DS223j

Kamika242
Go to solution Solved by DonMacaroni,

Kamika242

Hi,

I am running Emby server v4.7.11.0 on a DS223j installed directly from the Synology package center, from the first day of usage the server overview tells me there is an update, so I downloaded the appropriate version (DSM 7.2, 64bit), but the manual installation procedure refuses the installation, the package wouldn't be supported by platform or DSM version, but it should. This happens to version 4.7.13.0 and the new 4.7.14.0. Is this a Synology problem or a problem of the package? Tried everything, complete uninstallation or shutting down the server before.

Hi, it just means the update is not in package center yet. You can wait for that or install it manually.

On 8/29/2023 at 12:12 PM, Kamika242 said:

That's what I tried, to install it manually. 😉

What exactly happened when you tried?

Kamika242

What I just wrote in my initial post, Synology package center (manual installation) tells me, the package isn't compatible with DSM 7.2 or the platform.

Platform of the DS223j is 64-bit and I downloaded the appropriate package emby-server-synology72_4.7.14.0_x86_64.spk from the official Emby download site.

Edited by Kamika242

What I just wrote in my initial post, Synology package center (manual installation) tells me, the package isn't compatible with DSM 7.2 or the platform.

What exactly happens? Does it give you an error message? What exactly does it say?

Kamika242

What I wrote two times now! Here is a screenshot in german, exactly saying what I wrote!

"This package is not supported on Synology's platform or is not compatible with the current DSM version."

Screenshot_20230830_190358.jpg

Edited by Kamika242

• Solution
DonMacaroni

2 hours ago, Kamika242 said:

Platform of the DS223j is 64-bit and I downloaded the appropriate package emby-server-synology72_4.7.14.0_x86_64.spk from the official Emby download site.

You downloaded wrong version DS223j does not have x86_x64 arch.
Realtek RTD1619B uses ARMv8-A (64-bit) ISA, so I believe you should download this version instead: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.7.14.0/emby-server-synology72_4.7.14.0_armv8.spk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kamika242

Ah, thank you very much, @DonMacaroni! I was looking directly on the Synology site and there is 64-bit architecture specified for DS223j and so I used the 64-bit link on Emby's download page. That's a little bit confusing. Will try the ARMv8-A package now.

Screenshot_20230830_205412_net.slions.fulguris.full.fdroid.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kamika242

The ARMv8-A package won't work, it's impossible now to reach the server via browser, error message is net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. Same when uninstalling and reinstalling v4.7.11.0 from the package center. Hoped the v4.7.14.0 won't always wake the Syno from hibernation anymore, as the v4.7.11.0 does.

OK you may just want to wait for the update in Package Center. We are working on getting that released. Thanks.

• Like 1

Kamika242

Ah, command back! Emby where kicked out of the firewall permissions during several installations and uninstallations, never had this before with other apps. So the latest ARMv8-A package works! Thanks to @DonMacaroniand @Luke! 

Edited by Kamika242
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1