Permanent playback and language options per movie/tv show etc.

Darius

Hi folks in my opinion those are 2 important missing features. I will try to explain the case where this comes in handy.

-Inability to set permanent playback options by show/movie/collection which would be even better. I have to set the aspect ratio/speed/quality manually for each file (very annoying) or resort to a mpv.conf file, even more if I want to control it I have to use input.conf and create my own key. It's a lot of work for a one-stop solution.

Doing it with mpv.conf will set the playback option for all librairies until I re-edit the file, not very practical.

-Inability to set audio language preferences and subtitle preferences per tv show/movie 

Even being able to set for a library is not enough in my opinion

Use cases:

-I want to have the metadata in a certain language because there is more availability but I want to watch the content in another.

-I have a folder for anime but some of them have questionable dubs so I prefer to watch them in Japanese with subs but I have to set that for each episode, ruins the immersion, I know it will remember it by episode but generally when you watch a show or movie, you move on to the next when you're done and don't come back for a long time. While it's a cool ability to remember that too I feel like doing it by tv show/movie etc is even more crucial.

-I have a multilingual family: we have different shows in the same library but I want to watch mine in a language and my relatives in some other one.

Idea: If it cannot be put in the web interface, why not allow new tags in the tvshow.nfo <>preferred language</>, <>preferred subtitles</>?

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Darius said:

-Inability to set audio language preferences and subtitle preferences per tv show/movie 

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: