Music playback missing some 'crucial' features

Darius

Hi folks, after trying emby for music here are a few things I came up with:

Music playback has to be rethought a little bit in my humble opinion, it should be that if I open an album or a folder in a music library, I should have next/previous track buttons appearing at the bottom of the app and the rest of the folder album loaded automatically as a playlist that I can control either from the app or a background widget. 

A solution to that can be to sync your music with your phone and play it with something else, but then you lose the streaming aspect and the ability to save space on your phone. Seems like a 'patch solution' for something that should be handled by the apps directly.

Music playback has to be rethought a little bit in my humble opinion, it should be that if I open an album or a folder in a music library, I should have next/previous track buttons appearing at the bottom of the app and the rest of the folder album loaded automatically as a playlist that I can control either from the app or a background widget. 

Hi, we do already have this. Did you start playing something?

Ok sorry I think I poorly explained myself here are some screenshots, the behavior I describe in fact only happens in folder mode you are right, in album or song view this does not occur (see first 2 images).

Screenshot_20230830-054429_Emby.thumb.png.783a625e983de628d21e9c170905ac37.pngScreenshot_20230830-054409_Emby.thumb.png.f2a8ad27595ebf64df10dcf17ff1847a.png

The thing with the android widget I managed to sort out apologies it is now working great (I had reached my max number of replies for yesterday so I could not respond right away).

Another thing I noticed is that volume slider, I understand that for certain devices it may be very useful but it would be nice if we could disable that on the phone again I don't know if it's already an option, let me know. I find it easy to touch by accident.

The last thing that maybe can be changed with a setting is when you click a song it does not load the view with the next/previous buttons on the screen immediately but instead it stays on list view. I have to click the album cover to get in the desired view.

image.thumb.png.12ccf7fb54e75f0b4b41e4c3009e4a51.png

It would be nice to have this directly with the options to skip tracks in folder view based on file paths (load the folder as playlist as if it was an album)?

image.thumb.png.f75adeaa6d6b577833879198c07f6d10.png

It's true that emby can find metadata just from the top folder name or easily identify  but the idea here is that a lot of people have the 1 album, 1 folder structure so they just want to browse their stuff without bothering or they made custom folders with random songs they just want to browse through as if it was an album.

If you allow me I would like to post this screenshot of musicolet current song view which is similar but could inspire maybe a few (small) improvements? Some things you already do better like that list view that keeps the seeking controls at the bottom that's very nice so I hope I won't be viewed as nitpicking xD this not my intention at all.

-dot on the slider (useful for touch devices as well as mouse users)

-extra volume control is on the side as a button and leaves more place for the most used buttons next/previous etc with options to repeat the song once, loop permanently or shuffle the album/playlist order. (useful for touch devices and offers slightly more playback options)

image.thumb.png.992897e438894ce1f212d3079da5948f.png

I can't say for the equalizer because with the way emby works, transcoding etc. I wouldn't have the knowledge to speculate on that.

I understand 100% that this one is not a priority.

Screenshot_20230830-054526_Emby.png

Edited by Darius