Connection Questions

musicmafia
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

musicmafia

Hello to all the good people of Emby!

My TV displayed a message that said I had a  temporary interruption in my internet connection. Ever since, connected to Emby isn't the same as it was before. Before, I only needed to enter my PW once on the TV app, after that when I clicked the Emby for Android TV app, it went directly to my main library home page, just as I like.

After the outage, it required me to log in each and every time, even though I had the settings in the TV app set to never log me off. 

Here's what's happening now on startup (on my TV):

I click the Emby app and I get a brief popup that says unable to connect to server, then it lands on this page:

image.jpeg.63affae41adc38878d0beed81ab152bd.jpeg

I then have to select acct, then enter pw every time, despite my settings being like this:

image.jpeg.8c78c7d96133607f944fb9575af8e96d.jpeg

Since I have pw prompt unchecked and auto logoff set to never, shouldn't it keep me logged in like it used to?

Why am I now being prompted for pw every time?

musicmafia

Sorry, 4.7.14.0.

PS I just checked my upstairs TV which uses Emby from Fire Stick, and it is connecting fine, so the issue is only on the Android/Google TV.

• Solution

Hi.  Go into that setting you showed and set it to "Show login screen" then, immediately go back in and select "Login as this user".  Then exit the app and see if it logs you in automatically.

• Thanks 1

musicmafia
10 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Go into that setting you showed and set it to "Show login screen" then, immediately go back in and select "Login as this user".  Then exit the app and see if it logs you in automatically.

Thanks ebr. I will try and figure that out and report back :)

• Thanks 1

musicmafia
On 8/29/2023 at 7:05 AM, ebr said:

I chose "show login", then I logged in, then I unchecked "show login" and now it's working perfectly again. Click the app and it opens directly to my home page. Boom!

Thanks ebr! You are a rock star!

• Agree 1