Manually Edit Library Images

WyattZirbel

WyattZirbel

I would love the ability to manually edit the library images. For example, It's the luck of the draw which series get put into the library image and I have to regenerate a bunch to get close to the one I want.

Could it be possible to pick which shows or movies get put onto a library image?

• Agree 1

arrbee99

There was / still is a rather crude way to make your own.

It was something like you create an Emby library, type, hmm, maybe mixed content, put 4 images you like in it (or more) and wait for Emby to make a My Media thumb.

You then have to find where the thumb is saved. The only way I know is in a browser to put the mouse near (but not on) the thumb, click f12 to show the code and try to find the line that shows the image location.

WyattZirbel
32 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

There was / still is a rather crude way to make your own.

It was something like you create an Emby library, type, hmm, maybe mixed content, put 4 images you like in it (or more) and wait for Emby to make a My Media thumb.

You then have to find where the thumb is saved. The only way I know is in a browser to put the mouse near (but not on) the thumb, click f12 to show the code and try to find the line that shows the image location.

oh, I see. That is a very, very crude way to do it. I like your thinking!

hopefully this could be a native feature still though

arrbee99

IMHO I doubt it'll be very high up on the to do list, so might be worth giving it a go if you're bored sometime.

WyattZirbel
1 minute ago, arrbee99 said:

IMHO I doubt it'll be very high up on the to do list, so might be worth giving it a go if you're bored sometime.

I think so too but I wouldn’t think something like this would be relatively hard to automate. Rather than randomly picking images, you’d just tell it where they are

WyattZirbel
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, so you're looking to set mulitple movies to the same image at once?

yes sir. I want to be able to pick which shows or movies get put into this automated image

image.jpg

I think he's looking to choose which items are used to make up our automatic collage for the library...

WyattZirbel
Just now, ebr said:

I think he's looking to choose which items are used to make up our automatic collage for the library...

Oh, i read it wrong but yes, you’re right. Collage was the word I couldn’t think of lol

Edited by WyattZirbel