Autoplay and fontsize

DonVito
Go to solution Solved by seanbuff,

DonVito

Hi Community

I use Emby server 4.7.14.0 in Docker on Linux.

Autoplay
Autoplay of the next episode is active on iOS, WebApp and the macOS App, although I turned it off in the settings. The "Play next episode automatically" option is disabled. Did I miss something?

Fontsize
The font size in the macOS app (Appstore) is so small compared to the WebApp that I prefer the browser version. Is there a way to adjust that?

Thanks in advance.

DonVito
8 hours ago, Luke said:

where did you press play?

Hi Luke, on a single episode, not the whole season. I just tested it again in the browser:

image.png.9e49dc15e8a08e59690b0369070a28ee.png

Is it correct that this setting controls this behaviour? Or did I miss something?

image.thumb.png.e1666017a8fce6529fe0ada15212e754.png

Edited by DonVito

DonVito
31 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes but where exactly did you click play?

I tested this two options, both with same result:

image.thumb.png.da3a74a434f688ddb6eb5ba64e6cca55.png

• Solution
seanbuff

3 hours ago, DonVito said:

image.png.9e49dc15e8a08e59690b0369070a28ee.png

Is it correct that this setting controls this behaviour? Or did I miss something?

image.thumb.png.e1666017a8fce6529fe0ada15212e754.png

Hi, what you're showing here is actually controlled by the next option down. You need to uncheck both options in order for Emby not to automatically move to the next episode and to also not show the above two buttons on the OSD.

image.png.83f1fb77dff3ed9d5f30ece38bba5d6a.png

Give it a shot and let us know how you go.

DonVito

Thank you @seanbuff. That's right, now it's doing what I expected. But.

Enable next video info during playback
At the end of a video, display info about the next video coming up in the current playlist.

I think the wording here is not optimal. I was expecting a static info that would inform me about the following episode and can be used to start the next episode. Just like Netflix does (as far as I remember). The autostart function with timer as it currently exists I would expect with the option above ("Play next episode automatically").

I would love to have that button as info, but without a timer and auto start functionality. Maybe that's just my perception and other users see it differently.

Thanks for your help!

19 hours ago, seanbuff said:

Hi, what you're showing here is actually controlled by the next option down. You need to uncheck both options in order for Emby not to automatically move to the next episode and to also not show the above two buttons on the OSD.

image.png.83f1fb77dff3ed9d5f30ece38bba5d6a.png

Give it a shot and let us know how you go.

This isn't true. You can uncheck the first but keep the second one, and it will pause and wait in between episodes for you to make a decision or not.

DonVito
2 hours ago, Luke said:

This isn't true. You can uncheck the first but keep the second one, and it will pause and wait in between episodes for you to make a decision or not.

Now I'm confused, because that's exactly what I configured. I tested what I felt like 100 times, and I came up with the same result (autoplay). Now I'm testing this in the same browser as yesterday, and it works exactly as you say. Does this require a restart of the server?

I'm going to test it on iOS, because there were new episodes started during the night when I slept.

seanbuff
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Right, but I was specifically answering why OP was still seeing:
image.png.bbc10819a686a343e180ced07da9808d.png

Which you need to uncheck the second option to no longer see.

9 hours ago, DonVito said:

Now I'm confused, because that's exactly what I configured. I tested what I felt like 100 times, and I came up with the same result (autoplay). Now I'm testing this in the same browser as yesterday, and it works exactly as you say. Does this require a restart of the server?

I'm going to test it on iOS, because there were new episodes started during the night when I slept.

It shouldn't require a restart of the server, no.

7 hours ago, seanbuff said:

Right, but I was specifically answering why OP was still seeing:
image.png.bbc10819a686a343e180ced07da9808d.png

Which you need to uncheck the second option to no longer see.

Right OK. It just depends on what he wants.