Question about version being played

eeeeeesy
Go to solution Solved by eeeeeesy,

eeeeeesy

none of this is working @Luke i deleted the cache. i also noticed if i shutdown emby the cache folder automatically gets deleted. but this does not solve my issue.   i had the wrong version of you dont mess with the zohan. i had the unrated extended version which sucks so i replaced the file with the theatrical version with the exact same file name and i rescanned and refreshed metedata and cleared cache but emby still plays the old crappy unrated version rather than the theatrical version. whats going on? how can i fix it? there must be more cache for recently played videos somewhere else.

Edited by eeeeeesy

@eeeeeesy the choice of which version is played is based on which will be more efficient.

If you want to pick a specific one you’ll need to drill down to the video detail screen and select it there.

eeeeeesy
1 hour ago, Luke said:

@eeeeeesy the choice of which version is played is based on which will be more efficient.

If you want to pick a specific one you’ll need to drill down to the video detail screen and select it there.

thats not what in talking about. i deleted the old file and added the new file. so there is no reason it should still be playing the old file at all unless its still in a cache somewhere.

31 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

thats not what in talking about. i deleted the old file and added the new file. so there is no reason it should still be playing the old file at all unless its still in a cache somewhere.

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

eeeeeesy
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Media Playback Issues

• Please create a topic in the community.
  • Describe the problem in your own words, including what you're trying to accomplish, and where you're getting stuck. Make sure to indicate which Emby App you're using. If you're using a browser, then please indicate what browser you're using.
  • If you saw error messages, please tell us what they were. If the problem is difficult to explain, please include screenshots that demonstrate the issue.
  • Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. If a server transcoding log was also generated during playback (in the server logs folder), please attach that as well.
  • If you are using the Roku or Android TV specific app, please also follow the instructions below to send a log from the app.

my issue has nothing to do with any of this. i asked where the cache is because the recently played videos are still playing cached files from old deleted movies
Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy
2 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, there is no such cache. How did you delete the video exactly?

i looked at the metadata menu for the old you dont mess with the zohan movie in emby and copy and pasted that file path into the windows file explorer window and deleted the file that was in there. then i copy and pasted the newer zohan file which is definitely the theatrical version into that same spot where i deleted the old file and with the same filename. i also made sure its definitely the theatrical version because i can see when i run the file in vlc theres a deleted or edited scene that is specifically the reason i wanted the theatrical version for is definitely there.   but when i play the movie through emby which the metadata still shows the same path, the scene is not the theatrical version scene as seen when the file is run VLC. and theres only 1 zohan movie showing up in emby at all so i know im not getting confused by other files.

Edited by eeeeeesy

Did you run a library scan after that? The server has to be made aware that the file has changed.

eeeeeesy
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you run a library scan after that? The server has to be made aware that the file has changed.

yes i did

16 hours ago, eeeeeesy said:

yes i did

Did you see the activity in the server log of it re-probing the updated file for media info? In order for this to happen, the date modified timestamp of the video file has to be different than what it was before.