Video Codec not shown in Movies anymore but still in TV Shows

DarkStar1977
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

DarkStar1977

Hi Emby Team, one of the latest updates of one of the plugins has changed the information shown regarding movies Codec, I'm pretty sure is one of the plugins as the Emby Server Version is 4.7.13.0 since months.

In TV Shows is stil showing:

Capturadepantalla2023-08-27alas18_35_13.png.aa71fa928850e16c751b58e1bc8d6291.png

But in movies libraries the Video Codec have been replaced by the name of the file, happens to all movies and in different libraries:

Capturadepantalla2023-08-27alas18_36_21.png.7af6badc08b93e7211a97f1948635f29.png

Can u please revert it back to the Video Codec ?

Thanks

Edited by DarkStar1977

DarkStar1977

For the record, I've updated Emby Server to 4.7.14.0, and the problem persists, those are the plugins installed on my server on the last few days:

Capturadepantalla2023-08-27alas18_58_16.thumb.png.2dc0eb1879fd2c0f1b556fe15170a81b.png

Edited by DarkStar1977

Hi, nothing changed. It sounds like the video stream in your video file has an embedded display title.

DarkStar1977
38 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, nothing changed. It sounds like the video stream in your video file has an embedded display title.

Hi Luke, Indeed they have an embedded display title, all of them, but one week ago, I can see the codec and now I see the embedded display title.

Something has changed because this was not happening before and the media has not been modified.

Can u pease review it ?

• Solution

What would you like me to review? You probably enabled the advanced server option to force the display of original track titles.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DarkStar1977 said:

not knowing what it does.

How is that possible? Did you read the help text underneath the option?

DarkStar1977
22 minutes ago, Luke said:

How is that possible? Did you read the help text underneath the option?

The spanish translation of this feature is not clear, in fact the text says:

image.thumb.png.bcce2bbbb755fb9941b438098525fc05.png

Something that translated to English says:

"Chose the title to visualize the audio and embedded subtitles. It's not recommended to choice embedded unless you are manually selecting the infromation of the embedded track"

With the above is very difficult to understand that instead seeing the Type of Video (Codec Info) I'm going to see the embedded title on the media file because all the information is related to the audio and subtitles track, nothing else.

In fact I've changed this looking for having the name of the audio and subtitles from tracks read from the file, and I got it but nothing on the feature refllects is going to change any information regarding the Video codec information itself...

I believe this can be translated better ;) 

Edited by DarkStar1977
  • Thanks 1