Chromecast Movies not playing.

Cruise

There seems to be an issue when trying to play movies on the chromecast, and it doesn't seem to be dependent on the client as I have tested on both the android app and the web client. When I go to play a movie via the chromecast they refuse to do anything at all. No error message and no changes to what is displayed via the chromecast. 

The image just shows that I am connected to the chromecast and what it looks like when I hit play. 

36a1ad5974.jpg

This only happens for Movies everything else works perfectly. I have also tried other streaming services to see if it was the files causing the issue but they work perfectly and in perfect quality. 

Details:
Server version: 3.0.5395.0

Server Log File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qycig3eshulcuc/server-63550188967.txt?dl=0

Transcoding log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufpwypgzttgpoju/transcode-6d19e671-aee7-46dc-8590-dd5d34fc4497.txt?dl=0

Edited by Cruise

did the cinema mode function work, and then the movie fail? or did nothing play at all?

Nothing at all would play. It works perfectly without the chromecast involved however. 

Edited by Cruise

can you do it again and produce new logs? the transcoding log you posted could not possibly have come from chromecast because it does not use webm as an output. thanks.

michaeltruncale

I've experienced that same behavior with the iOS App trying to play movies onto ChromeCast as well.

However sometime it will display a splash screen.

Also hit or miss it will play a movie but it pauses like every 15-40

Version 3.0.5395.0

I play movies just fine in a web browser in another city just fine.

I've pushed an update to the chromecast receiver that resolves the issue related to cinema mode. please give it a shot. thanks.

• Like 1

I've pushed an update to the chromecast receiver that resolves the issue related to cinema mode. please give it a shot. thanks.

Yes everything is working well now. Thank you. 

• Like 1