One season of a show not showing up: only in Kodi, only for one user

hukt_own_fonikz

hukt_own_fonikz

The New Scooby Doo Movies, I used to only have a few episodes and no issues with visibility but I needed to transcode them (my pi3 running OpenELEC doesn't play nicely with a high bitrate). So I ended up finding the complete show, and transcoding them to my usual specifications, and now Season 1 is hidden for only one of my users, and only in Kodi. It's my child's account with parental restrictions to under PG13.

Both seasons show up on the other two Emby accounts. Both seasons show up in all of the accounts in Emby; it's only in Kodi, and only for the child user. When that account browses to the New Scooby Doo Movies, it shows that account has watched 2/24 episodes, but clicking on the episode bypasses the usual Season 1/Season 2 folders and just shows the list of (8) Season 2 episodes.

I have double-triple-checked that the parental rating on the show, the season, and each episode is set appropriately (I've tried Approved, TV-Y7, and TV-G) but nothing seems to fix it.

How do I troubleshoot this?

quickmic

Do you use multiple Kodi user profiles or a seperate "kids" Kodi box (hardware) with assgined with the (single) kids Emby account?

hukt_own_fonikz

Oh I realize my typo in the first post. The two other Kodi* accounts can see all of the episodes. On Emby everyone can see the episodes.

quickmic

I can tell you straight, this is very very hard to debug without a specific test case.

I assume you have already tested with a fresh Kodi installation on a PC with ONLY the kids account? You need to rule out everything, and a Kodi bug is one of the possibilities.

Just asking... Would you be open to assign me a test account on your server. Same previlegies as the kids account. Then I could review the response messages from Emby server when syncing content.

Currently there are only two possible issues. Emby server just not sending the data to Kodi/plugin (in this case, there is nothing I could do from plugin side) or.

The data are synced but just not shown by Kodi. In this case I could check what's going on.

Edited by quickmic

hukt_own_fonikz

Okay testing that emby account on a different kodi install does sync all the correct data; so it's probably something specific to that profile. I'll delete that kodi profile and try adding it again.

• Like 1