Unable to cast to chromecast

imelturface

imelturface

Since updating to the newest iOS app (2.2.11) when I attempt to connect to a chromecast device, the chromecast shows Emby is connected, but my iPhone keeps the loading spinner up. If/when the spinner disappears, the app behaves as if I am not connected to any chromecast device.

knight2024

Same here. Just since yesterday’s update to the mobile app. 

I can cast from any other app but not emby. 

Irtelli

Me too. Really wish I'd come on here to check before buying a new Chromecast. renewing the SSL on my NAS and reconfiguring...

adamscb85

Same here.  I was Chromecasting just fine yesterday morning to my Google Nest Hub video player.  Then the Emby app on my iPad updated to the latest version, and was no longer able to Chromecast.  When I press the Chromecast button on my iPad Emby app, my Google Nest Hub acts like it connects, it shows the Emby icon on the Nest like it's connected.  However, the Emby app on my iPad just spins and spins and never connects.

knight2024

Sounds great !!! Thanks so much.

Also I no all about having to submit an update to the app store and then wait for approval every time, usually 30hrs or less. 

I designed and created my first 2d platform game in honor of my grandparents, which was based on my experiences growing up hunting on the creek banks and put it up on the app store so I have good practice as to their rules and regulations.

Thanks again Luke 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Annie88ab said:

I same for me ☺️ i cant even cast with emby it dont even find my chrome. Thanks to help 

Remember, in order for Chrome to be able to find it, your web app has to be on https or localhost.

If you can't do that, then I would use our android or iOS app.