Downloads not showing since server update to latest version

Sand2010

Sand2010

Hi All,

Has anyone else experienced the downloads missing from IOS since upgrading to 4.7.14.0?

I upgraded last night, and when logging into my IPAD, the downloads section is missing when online. 

Nothing is showing when going offline and selecting downloads, only the loading indicator.

When reviewing downloads in the device section setting of the server, nothing is showing, but in the server section, all the downloads appear.

I have tried adding a new download, but nothing happens on the iPad.

No issues before updateing to the latest server version

image.png.44cdb4faed1876c46a2fa5d0846d074d.png

ffmpeg-transcode-3aeb4b8c-bb31-44c8-a950-193657f07969_1.txt embyserver.txt

caveman456

Same here, currently traveling overseas so had put a few movies and shows on to the iPad to watch while away. They have all disappeared. The Manage downloads screen is now empty, i cannot add new downloads either. The “Download To” option lets me press save but nothing does plus the manage download screen remains empty. If i use the “Download” option green download button doesn’t even respond. Unfortunately being away i cannot upload ant server logs sorry.

Sand2010

@caveman456you can get your logs on the Ipad by going into emby settings and clicking the logs link if you have remote access enabled.

I did this last night, and it opened the log in my browser.

Nonetheless, it has left us without our downloads, as I am also overseas with a poor network, so I can't even stream.

Hopefully admin have a possible fix @Luke

Edited by Sand2010

Maarten

Downloads not working on iPad and iPhone. Deleting of items don’t work on iPad, but is working on iPhone.

Edited by Maarten

YankeeDocNJ

Utterly ridiculous that an update would do this - I too am on a trip with videos downloaded for me, my wife and my granddaughter and it’s crazy that the planned videos are not available. 

Maarten

New update, did not test the downloads. But I see I now cannot connect to chromecast with my iPhone. When all is working….. I WILL STOP ALL UPDATES!!!!!! No more updating for the next 5 years….. 

I hope Luke got a nice holiday, a lot of work is coming 😆😉

Maarten

21 hours ago, Maarten said:

Downloads not working on iPad and iPhone. Deleting of items don’t work on iPad, but is working on iPhone.

Latest update destroys the remove/delete function 🫣 on iPhone……. Still waiting for the new iPad update, but I wonder why I wait…… waiting for another disappointment 🙄

16 minutes ago, Maarten said:

Latest update destroys the remove/delete function 🫣 on iPhone……. Still waiting for the new iPad update, but I wonder why I wait…… waiting for another disappointment 🙄

Hi, this is resolved for the next Emby iOS app update. Thanks.

Emby jan

I have the same problem :  Nothing is showing when going offline and selecting downloads, only the loading indicator

I am running version 4.7.14.0 on both iPhone and iPad and had no problem before installing that version 

Sand2010
On 26/08/2023 at 19:06, Luke said:

Hi, this is resolved for the next Emby iOS app update. Thanks.

@Luke

Any idea when the next IOS update will be pushed out

16 hours ago, Sand2010 said:

@Luke

Any idea when the next IOS update will be pushed out

It's been submitted to Apple. Just going through the review process.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Emby jan said:

I have recived it and it works but... the remove/delete function is still not working  

HI, what exactly happens when you try to delete?

2 hours ago, YankeeDocNJ said:

Nothing.  The delete / cancel buttons come up, I press delete and it goes back but it does not delete.

I just tested and it seems to be working just fine. Are you sure you updated to 2.2.12? Please check that, and then if there's still an issue then let's look at a specific example:

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to me as well. My iPad one day just showed no downloads at all, even though on the server side they were still showing. I was unable to add any new downloads, either: I could click the download button on a show and the modal would pop up for me, but then clicking the "Download" button in the modal did nothing at all. I confirmed the app was v2.2.12. The only way I was able to get things working again was to completely remove the Emby app from my iPad and reinstall it. Now things seem to be working again (though I have to redownload everything again, which isn't ideal).

5 hours ago, joekrill said:

This happened to me as well. My iPad one day just showed no downloads at all, even though on the server side they were still showing. I was unable to add any new downloads, either: I could click the download button on a show and the modal would pop up for me, but then clicking the "Download" button in the modal did nothing at all. I confirmed the app was v2.2.12. The only way I was able to get things working again was to completely remove the Emby app from my iPad and reinstall it. Now things seem to be working again (though I have to redownload everything again, which isn't ideal).

Thanks for the feedback. Apologies for the disruption.