Metadata downloaders do not include French information

jscoys

jscoys

Hi,

I've always used Media Center Master in order to download pictures, description and title for my movie medias. I has been working for a while with no issues.

I've a particularity : i'm French. I love Shakespear language, but for my HTPC personal use I prefer to read title and description in French.

I recently decided to use Media Browser server to take advantage of Metadata downloaders : TheMovieDb and The Open Movie Database instead of going into Media Center Master. Unfortunately, no one of these database gives me French metadata, always English metadata, even if I specify "French" Language in settings, as you can see on this video http://youtu.be/26cEXktawGk.

The main difference between MCM and Media Browser is the support for IMDB MetaData downloader, which contains French information for the most movies.

Could you help me? How can I use Media Browser Server to get French descriptions? Thx a lot.

Tranquil

I did not try it yet, but maybe disable all meta data providers which do not provide french content may help? If you say, that IMDB is providing french content so force MBS to use only this one.

Just an idea.

I did not try it yet, but maybe disable all meta data providers which do not provide french content may help? If you say, that IMDB is providing french content so force MBS to use only this one.

Just an idea.

MB Server does not have an IMDb metadata provider because that is a commercial access site.

jscoys

Ok so I have to use MCM and stop refreshing Metadata from Media Browser Server right? If you propose an IMDB metadata downloader as a for-fee plug-in, I will pay for it!

techywarrior

The problem is the cost for the IMDB API:

annual fees ranging from $15,000 to higher depending on the audience for the data and which data are being licensed.

techywarrior

MCM could be paying the costs to use IMDB data (Is MCM paid software?), they could be breaking the IMDB ToS and using the data for commercial uses under the pretense of personal use, or they could be scraping the site (depending on the data they are trying to use that can be difficult and a pain)