Next Up list not updating properly

wex101

I've noticed that the Next Up list doesn't order the episodes from latest watched.  Is this as intended?  For example, my wife and I just watched episode 6 of American Horror Story.  Episode 7 then shows up on the next up list but it is way below other episodes for shows that we haven't necessarily watched in a long time.  Is there a way to have this list populate in a way that the list updates with the last watched show at the front on the list?  XBMC works this way. I'm on XBM3C and it actually is a fairly significant issue when browsing widgets on there.

Edited by wex101

actually the next up list primarily uses the last watched date, but it also adds some favoritism to series that you've marked as favorite or liked.

Hmm so I went through and checked.  None of my shows are marked as favorites or liked.  I suspected that maybe when using the Trakt.tv addon at one point for syncing statuses across xbmc and mb3 it maybe marked them as favorites or liked but it didn't seem to.  So when I checked the next up list this morning they did become ordered properly by what was last watched but when a show is watched and it adds the next episode it doesn't immediately start out in the front of the next up list.  Weird!