Emby 4.7.13 Does not serve any data, icons, links, seems dead

Gunther123

Gunther123

Hi

Windows 2019 server, fully patched.

Emby is setup as described for a service, it is run using NSSM as described in the documentation here, on this site. Same result comes form ending service, then running the server.exe file. Checked firewall on or off, makes no difference.

Added a few plugins from the gallery.

Premier license.

When opening the web browser or client, from Windows, Android, Xbox, the blue spinning circle stay there forever. Very, very occaisionally, an icon might appear. Nothing can be selected or played.

Logs attached. Same configuration and setup 4.7.12 works well.

Any help is appreciated. I don't recall making any special custom moves or changes, this is a straight forward installation. The server is recently upgraded so I decided to reinstall from scratch using the method I have not had problems with in the past, so I expected it all to 'just work'. Currently, it is unusable, might as well not be there.

Untitled.jpg

embyserver.txt

Edited by Gunther123

Hi, since you said this was a fresh install, if you were to delete the program data directory:

D:\services\emby\programdata

And then start the server back up again, do you ultimately wind up with the same problem?

Gunther123

Things I have tried:

1. Stopped the service and started as application from running the .exe file and waited about 5 minutes - no change.

2. Stopped the services and set it to run as a user who has full permissions to the d:\services\emby folder then restarted service and waited about 5 minutes - no change.

3. Stopped the service, deleted programdata and restarted service, waited about 5 minutes - of course, everything is gone, so I have to set it all up again as new...

a. Added an admin user with full permissions.

b. added a regular user with full library access and no LAN password requirement.

c. waited 15 minutes for any background scanning or setup tasks to finish.

d. seems to be working okay over http:

e. seems to be working okay over app.

I assume one of those plugins is not playing nicely... 

Thanks for your help, although it would be neat to know exactly what caused this.

Gunther123

I have discovered one of the media folders has read only limited permissions.

Is it possible this would cause the service to hang, as if it cannot write to a folder of, say, MP3s and the system is set to manage media with .nfo files?

7 hours ago, Gunther123 said:

I have discovered one of the media folders has read only limited permissions.

Is it possible this would cause the service to hang, as if it cannot write to a folder of, say, MP3s and the system is set to manage media with .nfo files?

No, the server doesn’t need write access unless you enable features that require it.

2 hours ago, Luke said:

unless you enable features that require it

Which, you did but even then, that should just cause errors and the inability to save those files - not the whole server to hang.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ebr said:

Which, you did but even then, that should just cause errors and the inability to save those files - not the whole server to hang.

Exactly.