Theater constantly breaking & lack of support

mitch2471

mitch2471

After switching from wmc to to theater roughly a year ago I seem to be encountering one problem after another.  9.9 times out 10 these problems are of the back of a emby software update. New features being added which inadvertently seems to cripple a basic function. 

From what I have seen on the forum the vast majority of problems that users report do not get resolved.  Most are told it is being worked on & are then expected to wait indefinitely. 

I've seen a few threads recently resurrected where people are chasing resolutions to problems reported years ago!

I find myself questioning if emby is a full time job for its creators or just a part time project for Luke & a few admins outside of a day job. 

I hate having to come cap in hand to a forum to have to essentially beg for assistance remedying a problem that should not have arisen in the first place had the software creators properly managed the platform. 

Emby theater has come a long way. I waited so long to jump from wmc to theater due to it being wholly unstable when it was released.  It is nearly there now but the biggest hurdle for emby theater to get over appears to be its creator & administrators.

Lack of support is driving users away. I've seen a few people of late on the forums saying they have had enough & are moving on.

The usual luke/emby fan club offer a few snide remarks & then its back to business as usual. I.e. no support & no change. 

Well I've been with emby since it was a basic plug in for wmc years ago & unfortunately I have now had enough as well. The level of support for emby theater is just sub standard. The lack of timely resolution is bad enough, but the disregard shown to emby users (I.e. the people who funded emby get to this stage) is just pretty rubbish really. 

So I'm now off to find a replacement. Good work sabotaging your own product.I

Hi, I have been looking into your issue but just haven’t been able to reproduce it. I am still working to chase it down though.